Resetting an "Inspection now!" message with VCDS

rod_vw

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Vehicle is a 2016 T6 140ps (yes, the early version)

Having read the thread on this 'Resetting an "Inspection now!" message - other than after a service?' I appreciate that this can be done without VCDS.

However I would like to know how to do it with VCDS. I've done the normal VCDS SRI reset but the "Inspect now!" message is still there.

@Robert or @mmi or the other VCDS experts will doubtless make me look silly for not knowing.

Thanks,

Rod

It has been a while when this was explored. I think that actually the secret is hidden into 17-Instruments adaptation channels. My impression is that the SRI reset is something that was used in early days, maybe?

Perhaps the thread/post below helps - and more than happy to look into your challenge :thumbsup:

It has been a while when this was explored. I think that actually the secret is hidden into 17-Instruments adaptation channels. My impression is that the SRI reset is something that was used in early days, maybe?

Perhaps the thread/post below helps - and more than happy to look into your challenge :thumbsup:
Thanks @mmi I have always used the SRI function on the VCDS screen which seems to have reset both Inspection and Service reminders in the past on this van. I've owned it from new and it's now done 82000 plus miles. My VCDS is a current and up to date registered version so perhaps Ross tech have changed something in that automated procedure.
I'll look at the adaption channels and revise figures as necessary. I will come back to this thread when I've sussed out what fixes the problem.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Rod

Hi @Robert & @mmi

I am still unable to remove the Inspection now! message. Maybe it's me being stupid!

1712155719161.png

Block and adaption files as were current when I tried to fix this (Tuesday 26th March) are attached. The items that I have changed to try to remove the message are highlighted in yellow in the adaptions file, the figures that I inserted were as near as possible to those correct from the date and mileage appropriate to when it was serviced in an attempt to provide an accurate warning when the vehicle is next due for an Inspection Service.
The vehicle has done at least forty miles since these changes were applied but the message is still present.

Do either of you gents have a resolution to the problem please?

Attachments

• adpmap-17-7E0-920-970-LX_WV1ZZZ7HZGH118939-20240326-1146.xlsx
    13.1 KB · Views: 4
  • blockmap-17-7E0-920-970-LX_WV1ZZZ7HZGH118939-20240326-1146.xlsx
    31.9 KB · Views: 2
Try to put 0 for these 2 channels and then back to the original values.

IDE05931-FIX: Reset value for next mileage-dependent inspection
IDE05932-FIX: Reset value for next time-dependent inspections

Try to put 0 for these 2 channels and then back to the original values.

IDE05931-FIX: Reset value for next mileage-dependent inspection
IDE05932-FIX: Reset value for next time-dependent inspections
Thanks @Robert, I will give it a try and report back.

If that didn't work try toggling
IDE00342-ESI: Resetting ESI
between "Warning active" and back to "Resetting" - then possibly ignition off/on cycle

Or possibly a full fresh start as below - values before and after my van was serviced.

1712261599869.png

Thanks @Robert, I will give it a try and report back.

If that didn't work try toggling
IDE00342-ESI: Resetting ESI
between "Warning active" and back to "Resetting" - then possibly ignition off/on cycle

Or possibly a full fresh start as below - values before and after my van was serviced.

View attachment 235517
Hi @Robert and @mmi

Thanks for your advice, I have eventually got around to sorting this problem. As advised I adapted all channels as quoted by MMI and the dash warning was extinguished. I have now readapted IDE03351-FIX and IDE03352-FIX to the figures that existed before zeroing them all in an attempt to bring the Inspection warning back up at the appropriate time / distance. Warning still extinguished, time will tell how this proceeds.
Maybe I should have reverted IDE00510-SEI and IDE00511-ESI to the previous values? I do have a note of what they were.
Soot & Thermal load were already zero but I am driving a pre DPF vehicle so I suspect that was what would be expected.

Thanks again both.

It seems much easier to reset using the MFD or Carista.
It may well be but with the MFD you always end upsetting it to fixed service intervals not variable.

With VCDS, which I have, and the knowledge of experts on here most things are possible.

Back