Request Info From Owners

T6 Forum

Admin
Cant decide on an option or want an owners opinion.... ask away

Last edited by a moderator:
As a Highline Kombi T6 owner since January 2016 I thought I'd list what I'd wished I had factory specified and also what I thinks was a total waste of my money (My views of course)

I wish I had gone for:- Extra door/dust seals @ £25 (didn't know what they were at the time) App Connect/Appleplay @£120 (again - not sure what it was) & Comfort Dash @£350 - (this seems to have been offered as an error as an option but some lucky people managed to get it - lucky people I'd say!)

The things I did specify that I'm just not using are:- The Electric folding mirrors - that's it!

Everything else I asked for I'm using or have used so pretty happy with that overall.

I haven't had my van now for 5 weeks, I'm having withdrawal symptoms, and hopefully getting it back on Thursday or Friday this week, I'll just be happy with everything when it's back ;)

I got the trendline ( mainly down to the deal ) but luckily had the mfsw , cruise and no climate, however due to having a refrigeration unit installed even if I had it I wouldn't of been able to use it due to it being decommissioned when fitting fridge unit.
Just wish I got LED lights :(

Led lights are a must been out in mine tonight light all the road up and look the dogs danglies .
Power latching rear hatch is very handy wish I had got it on the side door aswel as the Mrs carnt close it properly
I agree my electric folding mirrors I havnt used them

Wish i had power latching side doors, they are a PITA to close if all the other doors & windows are shut

If my kombi hadn't been a stock van would of probally gone twin electric side doors but happy with the spec I got on my van, when looking was going for grey as my first choice then black ended up with blackberry

Led lights are a must been out in mine tonight light all the road up and look the dogs danglies .
Power latching rear hatch is very handy wish I had got it on the side door aswel as the Mrs carnt close it properly
I agree my electric folding mirrors I havnt used them

Had to have power latching to stop the wife from killing the van and my eardrums moaning... Lol.
Led rear and front headlamps do look stunning to be fair.

I am happy with my highline. The only thing I think I would have added is the front LEDs but I do have rear ones! The rest of her is just perfection!

I think the reason the electric folding mirrors are not worth the extra is because they only save four inches of width each side when folded up/in.
They are Eleven inches when out and still seven when folded ! (sounds a bit rude!!!)
This must be the worst in it's class plus when folded up they just fill up with water if it rains as they face upwards!
The Vito & Rangerover Sport we also have really do make a difference to the overall width when the mirrors are electrically folded in but on the T6 it's hardly worth it.

I haven't got my van yet ,but I would have gone for electric sliders ,if the price had been explained ,and also the mythical comfort dash ,dose anyone know where this was advertised ,I have looked in 2 old brochure's and the my17 one and nothing there .

Nothing I wish I'd specced on ours but I do think MFSW and auto wipers and lights should be standard on a £55k vehicle. Fine without them but it's just a bit tight. Oh and pretty low rent tyres too.
Not sure if H7s (standard on Calis and Velles) are "better" (they look totally different) than the H4s on other vans but we're happy with our standard lights. Again if LEDs were standard I'd be happier but they weren't worth £1600 to us. We hardly ever drive the Cali at night anyway.

Other than that, all good.

LED lights for sure. The H4's are crap. Will change them for any aftermarket ones when they come along. Even considering some spots, but would look ugly on a modern vehicle. Wish I could have specced a better dash, does VW want our money or what? Lots of space for paper rubbish, but little closed room for a working vehicle. Wish I could have specced a rail system AKA multivan. I need to fit the odd motorcycle in, and having a two man lift to remove the triple 2 ton seat is rubbish. Have seen some three individual clip out seats which would have been perfect, as I could remove the middle seat myself! Cheers VW, do you have shares in my Oesteopath?

What is a power latch?
They pull the door shut; just the last bit.
You can have them on the boot and sliding door (we have both); saves slamming either shut.

You can also get full electric sliding doors which open and close by a remote or dash button. Useful but a big battery drainer and the T5.1 (last model) ones had a lot of problems.
Cool party trick though.

Power latching is a very handy feature on the side door as they require a very firm shove to close if all other doors and windows are shut and the air inside the van has nowhere to escape, this gets worse if you line the van as there is a small airvent in the rear (that doesnt work very well) and if you carpet/line the van seals the airflow even more.
The good news is that we do a retrofit power latching kit for any door if people want to add it on later

Back