Rent a ramp service

ma77y

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all, I will hopefully be getting my van back soon and I'll finally be able to start the conversion to camper.

I don't have a garage big enough to work on it through the winter so I'm looking at renting a ramp/workshop space to do the work on my van.

Has anyone used such a service before and if so how did you find it?

Linked below is a company that seems deece and Is fairly local to me.

Let me know what you think

Cheers

Hi all, I will hopefully be getting my van back soon and I'll finally be able to start the conversion to camper.

I don't have a garage big enough to work on it through the winter so I'm looking at renting a ramp/workshop space to do the work on my van.

Has anyone used such a service before and if so how did you find it?

Linked below is a company that seems deece and Is fairly local to me.

Let me know what you think

Cheers
I can see a market for this service. If you’re organised about what you need to do with your van in the air, it could be cost-effective. Remember, many people do the work on their drive….!

Couldn't agree more and most of the work will be done on my drive (weather permitted). My concern is with window fitting and carpeting, would prefer an area that's warm and free from the elements when working with adhesive etc.

Funny old thing, I went up to them 2 or 3 weeks ago to collect a part for the Polo. Really tidy set up and nice, helpful people. Certainly not like your usual breakers/car parts folk.

I think it's a great idea. I see they offer bed and breakfast too. I can't see that going down too well as a suggestion for a romantic weekend away, but you never know.

Considering that we are seeing campsite prices getting on for £50 a night where you basically sit in a field and get bugger all done, I don't think that's bad.

Funny old thing, I went up to them 2 or 3 weeks ago to collect a part for the Polo. Really tidy set up and nice, helpful people. Certainly not like your usual breakers/car parts folk.

I think it's a great idea. I see they offer bed and breakfast too. I can't see that going down too well as a suggestion for a romantic weekend away, but you never know.
Cheers for the feedback mate, good to hear that someone has actually been there and had dealings with them.

Must be a bit of an insurance liability with people with unknown proficiency working with lifting equipment on your premises.

Last edited:
I would assume they will have a tech available to assist, should people need it that is. Also i imagine they would have to sign a waiver that excludes the company from any liability due to user incompetence.

These started appearing about 15 years ago around here, I once looked at it but ended up doing the job on the road.
Some rent tools and other bits of kit.

Here are some examples;

Last edited:
Must be a bit of an insurance liability with people with unknown proficiency working with lifting equipment of your premises.
I was wondering about that...

I’ve been looking at BHA for when my van eventually gets here, particularly for fitting diesel heater and floor rail fitting. However, one of their conditions is ‘no work on fuel tanks’, which makes it tricky to do either. I’ll give them a call in about 12 months, and see if they mean welding, or anything at all.

That's one of the jobs I want to do there when I eventually get all the bits, and my van back :cry:. Should be the next month or so so I'll let you know what they say.

I'm hoping they'll be ok with it, I have loads of spill kits at work so I can cover the floor in them if it satisfies.

That's one of the jobs I want to do there when I eventually get all the bits, and my van back :cry:. Should be the next month or so so I'll let you know what they say.

I'm hoping they'll be ok with it, I have loads of spill kits at work so I can cover the floor in them if it satisfies.
If you run the tank down to within a litre to go there won’t be much to spill.
It’s possible to drop the tank without using a lift.

If you run the tank down to within a litre to go there won’t be much to spill.
It’s possible to drop the tank without using a lift.
Yeah that was the plan doing it on the driveway then I found this place and thought I could book a day and get a few jobs done away from the elements. I'll have to see what they say

Ramp rental is a great idea!

I could've done with this when fitting Cali rails and underslung water tanks.

Back