Renogy Solar Panel

I have a 400w Renogy system. Compared with my old 300w generic system I do not think it is as effiecient BUT I've not had it long enough to test fully so I can only go on limited use. Overall I like renogy system, adding the BT module allows hours to be wasted checking what the system is and has been doing. The whole idea of going on the Renogy website and finding all the info and products you could need for the install is what made me choose them and I am glad I did as they are useful if you get any questions.
Build quality wise. The same as all Chinese made solar panels.

It's in the garage waiting to be fitted, once I get a delivery of 4mm twinwall polycarbonate to sandwich between the panel and the van roof (for cooling) Looks good quality to be fair though.

Good shout on the twinwall, didn't really think of that as a way to cool it down. My only concern was how short the +ve lead is as I don't know if it will be long enough to get under my pop top before adding the extension lead.

Yeah it's about 6 inch, I'm drilling 2 holes adjacent to where the cables are joined to the panel and dropping the leads under the pop top, terminating and hiding the connection in the recess between pop top and canvas.

My plan was pretty much the same as yours but ideally just wanted the one hole... less holes hopefully mean less water..

The renogy info doesn't say anything about the heat issues but the popular alternative on Amazon tells you in bold print about it. Can someone explain the problem and solutions. I note the one above.
Thanks

Back