Removing Wiper blade arm?

Skyliner33

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Ok, I’m trying to remove the wiper arms on a T6.1. Now on the T6 I just removed the bolt and with a bit of force they pulled off. However I can’t seem to shift them on this van

4644CBE9-288B-46AD-9E84-8BEBFE8A1C80.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you given the wiper arm a good back and forth levering action? Give it a squirt with some lube, make a cup of tea, head back out with a mallet put the nut back on a few threads, give it a few reasonable taps while levering, should get it off the splines.

Beware buying the laser wiper puller - it doesnt fit the larger arms on the T6. I had to remove one so put a big spanner underneath it, tight on the plastic and tapped the middle. It worked but not ideal.

I’m going to make one out of domed coach bolts.

Have you given the wiper arm a good back and forth levering action? Give it a squirt with some lube, make a cup of tea, head back out with a mallet put the nut back on a few threads, give it a few reasonable taps while levering, should get it off the splines.
That method sometimes cracks the windscreen, been down that route.

I prefer the first one you posted - with the threaded collar so you can manually adjust the jaw gap. The last one looks very similar to my laser one, which isn’t deep enough to get centred over the spindle.

You need one of these from Amazon, I used this device, simples.
Although if you do get one make sure you leave the nut on the wiper bolts s the threaded bolt on the puller is hollow.

I did read into the other pullers on Amazon and not the greatest reviews, arms snapping etc.

964AEA64-0B2B-44B7-B856-92EBE2D12695.jpeg

I've always found pulling the hinged part of the arm up off the screen, pushing the bottom part of the arm towards the scuttle, then giving it a tap with a nylon hammer will shift all but the most stubborn wiper arms. Some masking tape in over the area in the firing line of the hammer for good measure. Oh, and don't forget that you can't use the wipers to put them in the service position if the bonnet is open.

I've always found pulling the hinged part of the arm up off the screen, pushing the bottom part of the arm towards the scuttle, then giving it a tap with a nylon hammer will shift all but the most stubborn wiper arms. Some masking tape in over the area in the firing line of the hammer for good measure. Oh, and don't forget that you can't use the wipers to put them in the service position if the bonnet is open.
My experience too, I've been through a lot of windscreens with autoglass too and they have a similar method...

A puller risks damaging the wiper arm coating and then it'll rust:(

Back