Removing fly 5h1t

lambo

Industrial Designer
T6 Pro
I live near a farm and the flies just love crawling all over vehicles. They leave spots behind that are either poop, puke or something else horrendous and no doubt corrosive.
Any top tips for the removal of this stuff?

A good wax on first helps cleaning stuff off!

which wax? Thats the big question!

I’m a big fan of autoglym products.

A good wax on first helps cleaning stuff off!

which wax? Thats the big question!

I’m a big fan of autoglym products.
Likewise, but I also sometimes use a sealant like Sonax Brilliant Shine detailer which is very hydrophobic and lasts ages. Not as nice a shine as a good wax, (IMO) but I think it lasts longer.
In terms of cleaning the fly sh1t off, I'd start with snow foam to soak it and soften it, then a pressure washer, you want to avoid scrubbing. After that a contact wash with a microfibre wash mitt and car shampoo, the experts use the two bucket method but I'm not an expert!

Likewise, but I also sometimes use a sealant like Sonax Brilliant Shine detailer which is very hydrophobic and lasts ages. Not as nice a shine as a good wax, (IMO) but I think it lasts longer.
In terms of cleaning the fly sh1t off, I'd start with snow foam to soak it and soften it, then a pressure washer, you want to avoid scrubbing. After that a contact wash with a microfibre wash mitt and car shampoo, the experts use the two bucket method but I'm not an expert!
I like your regime!!

The van did have that autoglym treatment from the dealer. It’s only 1 month old. I’ll see how it washes off but it is pretty tenacious stuff. Hopefully we are nearly through fly season but I’m going to need to be on my toes next spring. My white golf has been a bit neglected and is practically polka dotted. Pretty gross. Maybe I’ll practice on that before the van. Got a whole case of autoglym goodies with the van.

The van did have that autoglym treatment from the dealer. It’s only 1 month old. I’ll see how it washes off but it is pretty tenacious stuff. Hopefully we are nearly through fly season but I’m going to need to be on my toes next spring. My white golf has been a bit neglected and is practically polka dotted. Pretty gross. Maybe I’ll practice on that before the van. Got a whole case of autoglym goodies with the van.

Reading another thread the dealer application of Autoglym lifeshine is somewhat patchy.

I’d be inclined to give it a good wash and stick some AG super resin polish on it. Its slightly abrasive and will remove some marks.

Ian

The Fast Glass will remove the insect residue, but it will also take off any protection too. So follow up with wax or sealant.

If the van had the Lifeshine treatment, then the poo will wash straight off. If it doesn't wash off, then it hasn't been done.

Check with Autogylm to see if your van has been registered with them.

Back