Removing callipers and brake bleeding

OllieGBR

VCDS user
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Morning all
I have some outlandish black paint for my callipers which I plan to apply whilst I have the shocks out.
To make my life easier I’d like to remove the callipers, (I have a brake pipe clamp to reduce air ingress).

How easy is it to bleed the T6? Should I worry about air into the ABS - I don‘t have a VCDS and therefore can’t activate the ABS to get air out.

What I’m asking is, in your vast experience;
1. Paint the callipers under the wheel arch, uncomfortable but safe in the knowledge you’ll not be chasing soft pedal syndrome
2. Remove, apply clamp and work comfortably on the bench all the while praying no air finds it’s way into the ABS

If you clamp the pipe you won’t get air in the pump so just a regular bleed will do.

If you clamp the pipe you won’t get air in the pump so just a regular bleed will do.
Yes, but, does crushing the brake pipe flat with a clamp cause and long term damage?.
I tried to get a definitive answer, as some say its fine and others say avoid.

Last time I removed calipers for a rebuild on a vehicle, I made up some female fittings and screwed them onto the brake pipe which sealed it tight.

Either way, fluid loss is minimal

the break pipe clamps are fine on reinforced rubber tubes for a short duration.. Ie to do a break job, but not weeks . . .

or you could Pint in situ` . .

( so i chose your option #1 )

1588410699972.png

Back