Remove offside barn door but leave the hinge

TK-421

Does anyone have any experience of removing the offside barn door without removing the hinge?

I found this guide which has been a great insight but the door is removed at the hinge.

I have a wheel carrier which I need to attach to the hinges, this has proven problematic so far so I think taking the door off is the way to go.

Any pointers appreciated.

I'm not sure I understand... how else could you remove a door without disconnecting at the hinge? Do you mean remove the door from the hinge hanger, as it were?

I'm not sure I understand... how else could you remove a door without disconnecting at the hinge? Do you mean remove the door from the hinge hanger, as it were?
Yes I think so. Behind the plastic covers on the inside of the door near the hinges are some bolts.

I think undoing those will release the door from the hinge. Leaving the hinge attached to the van.

You can remove the door from the hinge, remove the plastic caps and the conduit sheaths, then you have 8 nuts to unscrew with a long socket.
Two up and down.
Be careful the door is heavy, and remember to remove the electrical harness before .

Back