Removal Of Instrument Cluster

t6driver

Hi all,
i want to remove the Instrument Cluster / Speedo to access the plug on the back side.

How is that possible on a T6 Kombi/Transporter?

On the T5 there are only 2 screws and you could pull it out.

Thanks in advance.

Removing
  • – Move steering wheel to rearmost and lowest position. Use the full range of the steering column adjustment for this purpose.
  • – Switch off ignition.
  • – Store the ignition key outside the vehicle to prevent the ignition from being switched on unintentionally.
  • – Remove dash panel insert trim
  • Remove securing bolts -1-
  • Pull out dash panel insert - KX2- -2- until it makes contact with steering wheel.
  • – To separate electrical connector on back of dash panel insert, press locking detent -1- and swing retaining clip in direction of -arrow-.
  • – Remove dash panel insert - KX2- from between steering wheel and dash panel.
  • upload_2019-1-18_9-32-5.png upload_2019-1-18_9-33-54.png

If memory serves you have to remove the outside vent and radio fascia before you can remove the instrument fascia
Once you remove the four screws in the cluster there are still a few locating clips so it still needs a good yank to get it out, there are four locating pins that have a rubber sleeve on them, retrieve these as soon as possible as they have a habit of falling down into the dash if you are lucky they will stay attached

Keep in mind its like a key, mine got stollen today. so i cannot start the car! Loz please help me )) I dont want to go to VW as they are wayyyyy over the limit with their services.
VIN: WV2ZZZ7HZJH Bauj. 2018
Part No SW: 04L 906 056 AF Motorsteuergerät: 04L 907 445 A

7E0920980S KM , - stolen

7E0920970S UK miles version . replace?

THANK YOU!

Keep in mind its like a key, mine got stollen today. so i cannot start the car! Loz please help me )) I dont want to go to VW as they are wayyyyy over the limit with their services.
VIN: WV2ZZZ7HZJH Bauj. 2018
Part No SW: 04L 906 056 AF Motorsteuergerät: 04L 907 445 A

7E0920980S KM , - stolen

7E0920970S UK miles version . replace?

THANK YOU!
What is your problem/question?

Back