Removable F35 Pro

Chopman

Sold
T6 Guru
Hi everyone,

I know theres a few threads on awnings, but I can't find the answer to this...

I don't want to leave an awning on the van all year round - mostly vanity reasons as I prefer the look without it, but I like idea of a external mounted awning,. Since the F40 isn't available for UK vehicles yet, I wondered whether the Fiamma F35 Pro might be a good option / compromise.

It's quite small and light and it looks like this mount kit LINK will bolt either to the roof rack holes, or I may need the multi-van rail fitted first, but then it should be easy enough to remove it with just 4 bolts. Since it's lighter, it should be okay without permanently attaching the brackets with Sikaflex.

Has anyone else done this or something similar?
Will I regret not buying an F45 / Thule / Dometic wind-out awning?
Any other comments or suggestions?

Thanks.

There is something wrong in that image the link sends you to??. Cant work it out.. but somewhere by the gutter..

The f45s brackets that fit the oem gutter bolts have spacers in the gutter to said bracket

Screenshot_20170305-225823.png

May just be a drawing error or i cohld be seeing it wrong..??

I think to get what you want maybe worth getting something fabricated from alloy..

Thanks @Fish , I think there were 2 brackets and this one LINK looks more appropriate, certainly the channel mounting on this one looks more like the channel mounting in your image.

Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 09.08.46.png

Yep... thats how i thought it was.. looks better:thumbsup:

F40 would be so much better.. cant u derstand why they havent sorted a uk version.. these (f45/f35) brackets stick up so much.. :mad:

Yes, I would get an F40 tomorrow.
I'm still tempted to go with something temporary for now and wait to see if someone makes some F40 mounts for a RHD van.

Same here.. looking at getting some bespoke brackets made for one.. to change angle and heights..

Back