Remap ..... Just Can’t Decide On Which One

For me the fact that Revo can't re map a 102 euro 6 without destroying it says it all. i've heard rumours Leighton vans are soon to drop them as well.

Last edited:
For me the fact that Revo can't re map a 102 euro 6 without destroting it says it all. i've heard rumours Leighton vans are soon to drop them as well.
That's not factually correct. They stopped offering remaps on the 102 due to weak turbos.

If you want to speculate, I would say that they could offer a safe map but that it probably wouldn't offer value for money.

I have the 150 TSI Revo remap and it's great fun. Can't offer comparison, of course.

I was mis informed about what can be tuned and what can not by Leighton vans

That's not factually correct. They stopped offering remaps on the 102 due to weak turbos.

If you want to speculate, I would say that they could offer a safe map but that it probably wouldn't offer value for money.

I have the 150 TSI Revo remap and it's great fun. Can't offer comparison, of course.
I also don't think it's factually correct that the 102 has a weak turbo, almost positve it's the same as the 150.

Besides, if there so weak how come pendle can correctly and safely tune to 160 plus?

I also don't think it's factually correct that the 102 has a weak turbo, almost positve it's the same as the 150.

Besides, if there so weak how come pendle can correctly and safely tune to 160 plus?
I think the confusion about the turbos arises from two sets of engines on T6: EU5 and EU6 engines.

The same turbo is indeed used for EU5 engines 102 (CAAB) and 140 (CAAC).

However, different turbos for EU6 engines 102 (CXGB) and 150 (CXHA/CXFA).

Part numbers in detail:

You won’t be unhappy with Revo or Pendle. Revo is a little more generic, but they have done a huge amount of R&D on their products so their maps are very well developed. I believe Pendle have a base map like Revo but then each van has its ecu data uploaded to Pendle for Martin and his team to tweak where necessary.

I wouldn’t personally let Superchips even read a map, let alone write one.

An old school friend of mine does ecu remapping, lovely guy, but he has absolutely no mechanical knowledge at all, they are the most generic ‘wind up boost = power’ maps.

My point being, only go to people that actually know what they are doing, so either Revo or Pendle agents because there is real knowledge behind their mapping.

I believe Pendle have a base map like Revo but then each van has its ecu data uploaded to Pendle for Martin and his team to tweak where necessary.
You are correct, I had mine done in Hertfordshire but when booking an appointment with the Pendle agent he phoned Martin first to check that he would be available. I couldn't have it done if Martin wasn't available.
On the day he "read" the map then sent it to Martin for his assessment and the van was remapped with Martin's help from many miles away. Electronic wizardry I believe.
Anyway, I'm very happy with the results.

You are correct, I had mine done in Hertfordshire but when booking an appointment with the Pendle agent he phoned Martin first to check that he would be available. I couldn't have it done if Martin wasn't available.
On the day he "read" the map then sent it to Martin for his assessment and the van was remapped with Martin's help from many miles away. Electronic wizardry I believe.
Anyway, I'm very happy with the results.
Hi @DaveD where did you have your remap done in Hertfordshire please?

I'm told that the EU6 engine is more refined and smoother and in your case it will be more powerful I suspect, but I'd be very interested to see, yes, when we can!

I'm told that the EU6 engine is more refined and smoother and in your case it will be more powerful I suspect, but I'd be very interested to see, yes, when we can!
I can't imagine them being that different but it would be an interesting one!

Back