Reimo Variotech bonded rail safety

The adhesive is only as good as the paint it attached to.
The insurance company no doubt won’t pay out for personal injury if it’s not installed by a qualified installer.
On a more grisly note the seating system is more robust than the human body so that is the limiting factor when it’s put to the test.
Absolutely. Most cars, aeroplanes & many boats are all glued together these days. I worked in the water industry where we found that glued joints in many materials were stronger than the materials themselves. The joints were more reliable, accurate & watertight than a mechanically fixed joint. In a mechanical joint, the forces and stresses are all focused at the the fixing points, so if these points become corroded or work hardened, the joint is compromised. Glued joints (caveat IF DONE PROPERLY) distribute the forces along the entire surface area of the joint. AND, this is important, don't usually involve penetrating the surface of the jointing faces, so lower chance of corrosion & leaks. So a correctly bonded rail on the inside of the van, should be mechanically stronger than a bolted rail that involves drilling through the van floor.

Aircraft engineer to trade and totally happy that my seat system is bonded into my van.
Anyone who thinks this is somehow not strong enough presumably won’t fly in the majority of modern aircraft that are also bonded together.
That it doesn’t compromise the integrity of the body shell by drilling holes in it is a huge advantage.

Back