Reimo Tailgate Tent...

BTW, it anyone is interested in one of these Kyham tailgate awnings our friends will soon be selling their's (picture from last weekend):-IMG_3688.jpg

They look pretty similar to me. Point being made was that whilst the latest model was outside of what the OP wanted to pay the availability of the older model at a significant discount back in February was bringing the price down to a more reasonable level.

View attachment 21228
View attachment 21229

The one that I had been shown looked different, buy hey there are lots of different manufacturers of these tents so I guess I saw a different one.
But if you or anyone else is interested in a cheaper option then look up www.packashack.co.uk they do a tailgate small awning that just slips over the tailgate for the T6 and its £199.20 big difference

Back to the original question, I have the Reimo tailgate tent and find it very handy for day trips, events and picnics.
For these sort of activities I'd say its ideal, easy and quick to erect (ie in seconds) and packs away tidily.
There are no poles, its just a case of tying the two top corners to the van rails, arranging the base in a rough square,
then open the tailgate and it self-erects (ooh er, missus)
whistling.gif

For camping I'd say its less than ideal, its unlined, no inner, no groundsheet, and the face under the van bumper to
the ground is open so it catches any head-on wind under the van - I'd expect this would make it uncomfortable to sleep in.
For what it is, its great, and good value, but I'd say its more of a day-shelter than an overnight camping tent.
I dont have any pics of mine on the van, but it does also (loosely!) fit my pug Tepee which is really handy:

tailgatetent2.jpg

tailgatetent1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I use an Olpro Utility tent for decanting the back of the van. Literally pops up in seconds and you can stand up in it and also use it as a changing room. Only trouble is that it can't withstand heavy rain unless you put an extra support under the roof to stop the rain pooling. Light showers are normally OK. The downside is it looks like a loo...

I have the reimo, not really used it properly yet. I have a tailgate spoiler which affects how it sits, also think the gap between tailgate and body on the roof would let in a bit of water.
We got ours to use just a a quick shelter for overnight stops to sit out if raining / cook in etc, and it seems good for that.
Really compact and quick to put up.
We use an air drive away if longer stops ( 4 of us in a day van)

I know I’m late to this conversation, however maybe help someone decide. We’ve been using the Reimo Upgrade and have found the with a bit of care you can shut the tailgate with the tent in position an it just drapes down the back. Doesn’t look pretty, but lets us go off and leave the van all locked up.

I have the reimo, not really used it properly yet. I have a tailgate spoiler which affects how it sits, also think the gap between tailgate and body on the roof would let in a bit of water.
We got ours to use just a a quick shelter for overnight stops to sit out if raining / cook in etc, and it seems good for that.
Really compact and quick to put up.
We use an air drive away if longer stops ( 4 of us in a day van)
Jumping on an old thread here, but; I've just bought the Reimo upgarde premium tent and I have the same issue with having a rear tailgate spoiler. Did you manage to get the two upper clips attached to anything, as I can't get them to stretch far enough over the spolier to where they are supposed to attach to the gate?

Mine will clip in with spoiler , doesn't sit exactly as it should but not too bad .

I’ve got one and use it for one or two night trips. Takes seconds to setup and provides shelter for cooking with the slidepod and space for a couple of chairs.

Mine will clip in with spoiler , doesn't sit exactly as it should but not too bad .
Thanks, that works, just doesn't pull over as far as it should on lower edge of gate. But otherwise a great bit of kit with built in groundsheet and goes up in no time

Back