Reimo Tailgate Tent...

Spokegg

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Has anyone got one of these? Seems a cheap and easy solution so wanted some pics and reviews if possible?

Depends how you intend to use it. I wouldn’t be happy having to leave the tailgate permanently open to support it.

I'd be in the van when leaving so no worries there. I guess its no more/less vulnerable than a tent on its own. I am drawn by the easy, no-poles set up.

I'd be in the van when leaving so no worries there. I guess its no more/less vulnerable than a tent on its own. I am drawn by the easy, no-poles set up.
As I say, depends how you intend to use. For a bit of shelter on picnics/day trips no problem but it wouldn’t work for me camping, especially when it’s cold and/or leaving the van for any period of time - something self standing and/or with driveaway capability required.

I just need it for overnighters. Seems perfect solution, just wanted reviews and pics from people who have one or have used one. I wouldnt be interested in it if it was more elaborate. Just somewhere to stand/change clothes/store bags when bed set up/privacy/light/easy stowage.

Overnights in the summer probably fine but I wouldn’t want to leave my tailgate open all night this week - brrrr!!

Soon as April hits, we will load up the Ducati and hit the Channel for our usual jaunts to France and spain. Having the bike in the back limits storage so looking at a Thule roof box and the awning so we have options. My recently deceased Transit had a lot more space and I'm only just waking up to that fact.

I know it goes a bit against the simplicity and size you are after but, as an alternative, have you looked at something like the Khyam Motordome Tailgate Awning - its still a relatively easy pitch but would enable you to close and lock the van when you go off touring for the day on the bike. (BTW, I do take your point about comparable security to a tent and have had many years of camping without ever being concerned about leaving stuff lying around all day but your van and the stuff you carry in it is worth considerably more than the average tent - only time mine is left unlocked is when I'm in it.)

I know it goes a bit against the simplicity and size you are after but, as an alternative, have you looked at something like the Khyam Motordome Tailgate Awning - its still a relatively easy pitch but would enable you to close and lock the van when you go off touring for the day on the bike. (BTW, I do take your point about comparable security to a tent and have had many years of camping without ever being concerned about leaving stuff lying around all day but your van and the stuff you carry in it is worth considerably more than the average tent - only time mine is left unlocked is when I'm in it.)
I think price is the decider on the Khyam. Though it does look like the bike would fit in......

....just thinking it through at the mo, hence asking for reviews/pics. The idea was that if we shoot off on the bike for a day we could take down the awning quickly and re-erect on return (while not spending a wad).

Thanks for that. I saw that one but it looks like I would need the large one for the T6 which is over £400
I think they are one size - that one goes up to 190cm which would just about work.

They look pretty similar to me. Point being made was that whilst the latest model was outside of what the OP wanted to pay the availability of the older model at a significant discount back in February was bringing the price down to a more reasonable level.

Unknown.jpeg
khyam-tailgate-xl-quick-erect-awning-p26-2059_thumb.jpg

Back