Reimo Awning Rail

Camy

HGV driver
Hi everyone touched on this subject before about getting a awning rail fitted to my van.
Got good info back about putting one in gutter of roof putting rail into holes of poptop .
After looking at that I've decided against doing myself and messing about with poptop.
So going put in to the professionals in which it's a Reimo rail??
My question is they are quoting £300 supply and fitted
Would that be the going rate ???
Also would a reimo rail do a Vango airway Cruz low awning and a outdoor revolution tech-line lowline canopy???
Ano who gets canopies before rail lol

Prices including fitting vary from 220-300. I think CMC quoted 220 three years ago including fitting. The rear end cap falls off, eventually, apparently a fairly common thing. Replacement caps are £15. I think the smallest bead that fits the Reimo rail is 6mm. I had a Vango Kela low which fitted perfect

Well, I did myself in about 90mins with help from my wife (holding rail). The hardest part was lining up the front rain/drip rubber to windscreen and drilling the rear end cap so it does not fall off in time (common).
As long as your happy with using a drill it's easy enough and will safe you loads of cash.

Rail1.JPG

Rail2.JPG

That is a good price fitted. I saved £100ish doing myself, so really for that price let someone else do it providing you do not have to travel to far.

they are around £ 200 to buy so an hours labour + vat £300 ... but a gutter over the sliding door has got to be the way forward. and get it bonded on along with screws ....so it dont drip down the back of the rail

Hi thanks for replys obviously if I go with reimo rail the price is fair
Regarding my preferred one in the gutter does the pop top hinge screws not have nuts on end ??
If u unscrewed to put rail on u couldn't get nuts back on as roof inside is dressed /finished

Has anyone just bonded the rail on, no screws ?
I thought about it, but could not work out how to clamp it whilst drying/setting. I used recommended sealing/adhesive and went for screws (so easy) then used rust eater/prohibitor on drilled holes before using sealer. The next day painted screws in (see photo's above)

Prices including fitting vary from 220-300. I think CMC quoted 220 three years ago including fitting. The rear end cap falls off, eventually, apparently a fairly common thing. Replacement caps are £15. I think the smallest bead that fits the Reimo rail is 6mm. I had a Vango Kela low which fitted perfect
@Alan Watts Where do you get replacement end caps from?

Cheers.

Just wanted to share... For anyone else looking for replacement end caps, I bought these from S+S. They're only £5. They aren't rubber (solid plastic) but are a perfect fit. You will need some tape or something to stick them.

Back