Refitting rear view mirror!

Californiaman

T6 Pro
OK so I was loading some carpets into the van yesterday and knocked off the rear view mirror.
It's not broken but I'll be buggered if I can get it back on. I can see that there are four clips on the back of the mirror but it seems impossible to reattach it.
I did manage it once somehow after removing the top part of the casing but then I couldn't get that back on so I took it off to reassemble and can't get the mirror on with or without it.
Has anyone got any tips on how to get it back on? It's doing my head in!

What was the method/trick to getting it back on ? Is it just a force fit ?

It was a hell of a game - after wrestling with it on and off through the day I noticed that one of the four clips had bent inwards. I prised it out with a screwdriver and the others as well to make sure and it went back on.
Feels a bit slack now so I've probably overdone it, it stayed on during the trip home tonight though so will see if it stays there!
Hope so as my light assist doesn't work without it.

Ok I had this today whilst fitting my blackvue camera and getting very annoyed trying to position the camera as discreetly behind the rearview mirror as possible the rear view mirror got twisted accidentally and came off ! hanging on some pretty flimsy-looking wires not a pretty sight! It was scary and it seemed impossible to get it back on but.. in the end I realised it twists on .. of course but its not easy .. i found by removing the final plastic at the top of the mirror stem it gave me the extra room i needed to aline the mirror and twisting clockwise it aligned and all was well.. its a very scary business but it very easy once its aligned...so if it happens to you.. stay calm create plenty of room in the cab so you can move where you need to see what you are doing remove th last section of plastic stem then align it as best as you can and twist from the left clockwise.

I want to add the rain and light sensor. I have it but how do I fit it to the window. I have the sensor but if the screen is replaced is there a fitting kit of sorts to reattach it to the window?

Have just had the same issue, admiring my nut and it fell off - almost, after trying to figure this out, I took off the 2 plastic parts covering the electrics - squeeze the cup shaped one slightly and pull genteelly backwards and it will slip off. Be careful not to break the little clips. With this off, I could see that this attaches at about 270 degrees, push flat against the windscreen and then twist clockwise until straight up, zero degrees. Then reattach the bottom cup in reverse order squeezing slightly and pushing up. It is fiddly but works. Good eye sight would have made it much easier - ha ha

Ok I had this today whilst fitting my blackvue camera and getting very annoyed trying to position the camera as discreetly behind the rearview mirror as possible the rear view mirror got twisted accidentally and came off ! hanging on some pretty flimsy-looking wires not a pretty sight! It was scary and it seemed impossible to get it back on but.. in the end I realised it twists on .. of course but its not easy .. i found by removing the final plastic at the top of the mirror stem it gave me the extra room i needed to aline the mirror and twisting clockwise it aligned and all was well.. its a very scary business but it very easy once its aligned...so if it happens to you.. stay calm create plenty of room in the cab so you can move where you need to see what you are doing remove th last section of plastic stem then align it as best as you can and twist from the left clockwise.
This has just saved (well, limited) a lot of frustration on a hot day in Spain, wrestling a mirror, with a grumpy family waiting for me! Thankyou!

Back