recycled plastic insulation?

CALLAKN

Electrician / Linesman
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Save me scrolling through, off to B&Q to buy some futher insulation,

just correct me if I’m wrong, recycled plastic is OK to use yes?! Don’t want the stuff that collects the moisture....

Any QUICK tips?? (Already got dodo thermal lining) but I know from watching scientific videos that nothing really beats a proper insulation like you do in lofts...

Not sure if the B&Q stuff has gone up in price, it's currently about £8 a sq metre and it's allegedly 100mm thick but reviews suggest it's about half that

Megavan mats have it at less than £3 a square metre, although it's only 35mm thick, how much do I need roughly to insulate a SWB van with 4 windows and pop top

Save me scrolling through, off to B&Q to buy some futher insulation,

just correct me if I’m wrong, recycled plastic is OK to use yes?! Don’t want the stuff that collects the moisture....

Any QUICK tips?? (Already got dodo thermal lining) but I know from watching scientific videos that nothing really beats a proper insulation like you do in lofts...

To save you a wasted trip to B & Q
its click & collect To make it easier during these unusual times, we now offer contact-free collection. Call your collection store 15 minutes before you arrive and they will arrange to bring your items to the contact-free collection point in the store car park. Please only visit the store once you've received an email confirming your order is ready to collect.

Buy the rolls in B&Q, think its recycled glass or plastic, its white and about 80mm thick id say.

I'd also be interested in this! Mine is a LWB and currently has insulation from the previous owner but believe its the house stuff so don't think its good enough. Before I seal it up and screw the kitchen in I want to sound deaden and reinstate!

I'd also be interested in this! Mine is a LWB and currently has insulation from the previous owner but believe its the house stuff so don't think its good enough. Before I seal it up and screw the kitchen in I want to sound deaden and reinstate!

once you remove your old fleece you will see if you have desent insulation underneath. im just building my shopping list to get my LWB lined out, now im coming out of lock down on Monday. i'v been looking at extensive Utube ways and im going down the dodo route. its pricey to sound deaden and insulate then vapour seal properly . so its all on what budget you want to spend. But an investment should you sell your van later on. bundle packages will save you money but shop around to get the products you want they all sell different ways of the job. deadening.co.uk seems to have a full stock

Yup my order came in today!
Got silentcoat, dodo mat and dodo fleece which is this weekends job!

What is vapour seal?

Yup my order came in today!
Got silentcoat, dodo mat and dodo fleece which is this weekends job!

What is vapour seal?

it seals the inside from the van moisture ( breath, cooking, boiling the kettle ect ) going through your insulation condensing onto any metal work or cold surface once you have your fleece up cover and seal all the joints. greg virgoe on u tube explains it well . the inside of the van has a very high moisture content at times

Back