Recommended Couriers

Thanks for the reply and offer. I am just getting a few more quotes from couriers. If that doesn't work out I will PM you. Thank you so much and this is why I love this forum.
No problem pal.
Normally go weekly but it can be every 8 or 9 days.

Has anyone who has used Paisley freight for either collection or delivery, had to put each alloy wheel and tyre wrapped in bubble wrap and then put in a cardboard box ?

I have priced it up and it seems really reasonable, but when I opted for extra liability, it stated I had to do the above. But if I didn't opt for extra, it just said to use bubble wrap and fully enclose in cardboard.

What have people done previously? Experiences?

Thanking you in advance.

I had a few wheels sent by couriers and not had an issue, get some thick cardboard or few layers of thinner. Cut discs to cover wheel faces and extend half way over onto the tyre and then wrap with loads of cling film, normally use a roll per wheel.

No problem pal.
Normally go weekly but it can be every 8 or 9 days.
Thanks again for the for the offer, used Paisley Freight in the end. Alloys arrived within 24 hours. So we'll chuffed.

Thanks again and to everyone else for their replies.

When using these couriers for wheels have you put them on a pallet or left them loose?.

When using these couriers for wheels have you put them on a pallet or left them loose?.
I sent two tyres just with stickers on them, marked up as ‘one of two’ etc . The courier driver said he preferred them unwrapped as they were easier to handle.

I've got 2x wheels with tyres on to ship and wondering whats best. Im gonna cover the faces in card and cling wrap them,hence why asking how others do it.

Cling
I've got 2x wheels with tyres on to ship and wondering whats best. Im gonna cover the faces in card and cling wrap them,hence why asking how others do it.
Cling film or bubble wrap is fine. As long as face of wheel is covered and protected.

I am looking for a rough price to send a set of wheels. So if anyone has done this help would be appreciated.
Also, what company to use and what prep must be done to the wheels?

Also send the wheels with or without tyres?

Thanks

I am looking for a rough price to send a set of wheels. So if anyone has done this help would be appreciated.
Also, what company to use and what prep must be done to the wheels?

Also send the wheels with or without tyres?

Thanks
I sent a set of Cantera with tyres through pallet and it cost £50. I used a local pallet company TWA Group

Paisley Freight quote £36 for a set of 17’s.
If it’s alloy wheels, they’ll want the faces protected with cardboard (each wheel wrapped individually). Leave the tyres on.
I bought some of that industrial cellophane and that works a treat with stuff like that.

I paid £60 recently for a set of 17" including tyres, others were slightly cheaper but they could adhere to the time scale for collection and drop off.

Paisley are cheap but they do what they want, the wheels could arrive next day or 10 theres no telling (and they wont tell you if you ask)

Leave the tyres on
Thick cardboard circle over the rims
Tape cris cross style around the wheels

I received mine like this, all four were separately wrapped but arrived safely together from Germany.

I’ve used paisley freight for wheels before, cost around £40 for a set of 18s with tyres. They were collected by my local APC depot.

Back