Awning rail for Glawning

Benji46

VIP Member
Hello friends
T6.1 SWB. I have recently purchased a Glawning set up. I need a solution for an awning rail on the van in order to attach the glawning. I've got a pop top roof.
Looking for recommendations for an affordable solution. I've been quoted a lot of money to supply and fit a Reimo...
Thanks

Maybe I’m being thicker than usual but what’s a ‘Glawning set up’.

we looking at a C-Rail then?

Remo / Vamoose rail is the normal choice.

Hello friends
T6.1 SWB. I have recently purchased a Glawning set up. I need a solution for an awning rail on the van in order to attach the glawning. I've got a pop top roof.
Looking for recommendations for an affordable solution. I've been quoted a lot of money to supply and fit a Reimo...
Thanks
There is also the option to fit a "C" rail underneath your pop top so it's hidden away. I think stitches and steel do one? Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes Reimo are a bit pricey especially if you add in the cost of installation too, but you get what you pay for in this world. I paid for someone to do mine as I didn't fancy taking a drill to my van and smudging sealant all over the shop.
As a matter of interest, what was the quote for parts and fitting? I paid £350 all in.

One short Google later...

We actually looked at these (and still might go for one) as we are used to canvas tents from re-enacting. Haven't yet as we do have a 2 grand 20 foot 15th century canvas Burgundian tent in the camping trailer...

I ffted myself (with help from wife) the Remo / Vamoose rail. It is perfect for quicksetup or drive away leaving tent awning behind if need. if needed:

IMG_0759.JPG
The best thing is it adds no height to campervan.
IMG_1210.JPG
Full tent and can driveaway easy.
IMG_1001.jpeg
Basic setup for friends to sleep in. Worth fitting rail.

There is also the option to fit a "C" rail underneath your pop top so it's hidden away. I think stitches and steel do one? Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes Reimo are a bit pricey especially if you add in the cost of installation too, but you get what you pay for in this world. I paid for someone to do mine as I didn't fancy taking a drill to my van and smudging sealant all over the shop.
As a matter of interest, what was the quote for parts and fitting? I paid £350 all in.
@Bigsidavies has a hidden rail, under his poptop.

There are various different ones available.

Which one depends on what poptop and and how it's fitted.

Ie.

OEM roof bolts if still there.

Direct to left over roof panel.

Attached to poptop frame.

I took pics of his last year at Busfest as we liked that poptop and was looking to get the same on ours.

I fitted a metal standard c rail one which I believe cost me £70, can't remember where from, I cut around the the pop top struts and used the front 2 fixing holes on the roof which lined up perfectly with the ones on the rail, I had to make 1 hole in the top of the van and then used tiger glue and a slf tapping screw to fix into place. I then used silicone to just make sure it was completely water tight all the way around. No issues so far and it's completely hidden under the pop top.

Hello friends
Thanks
See that you're in East Anglia. We got a Vamoose rail fitted by QT Vanwerks in St Ives near Huntingdon. Total cost around £250. Think it was rail price + 1 hour labour. Give the guys a call, we've been really happy with all the jobs they've done on our van.

Home - QT Vanwerks

As others have said, cheaper option can be self fit a C-rail under your pop top.

Thankyou for your responses guys...having just watched the video I also do not fancy taking a drill to my pride and joy! I'll put a call into the guys in Huntingdon..
My roof is a west dubs for whoever asked...my pref would be to hide it under if possible

£395!!
!!

So an update...I've been to see the guys at Vamoose today in Sheffield and they have fitted one of their rails while I waited at a very reasonable price indeed.
They have lots of knowledge but I don't believe convert any longer and seem to focus on rails to send out wholesale.
Absolutely fab job. Lovely guys and also have what looks like the rolls royce of bed systems...
If you are reading this...thanks a bunch Simon and Steve (I think )

Last edited:
Back