Recalled

Ian78

Got an interesting call this morning from VW van centre telling me that my van had been recalled for an urgent software update and that they would send a driver out straight away to collect it. 30minutes later guy in VW shirt turns up, doesn't know anything apart from "I'm just a driver" to take my van which is full of my tools away with him...wasn't until I let him drive away I had the sinking feeling have I just been robbed of the van (I'm far to trusting).

Quick email to the van centre asking what the recall was and if they where going to top up the fuel (65mile round trip).

Got a response "We'll sort it"...

Van turned up a few hours later polished and refuelled but I'm still non the wiser what the recall was for??

Has there been an urgent recall where they would come out straight away for??

How bizarre! I've never heard of any dealer being that responsive with a recall!

Call vw assist etc, its YOUR property now, they HAVE to tell you WHAT they do to YOUR property.. If dealer won't say, go down there and drag someone over the desk! ( metaphorically if you wish... Keeping it PC.. ) cheeky buggers, BTW a real life close call.. Could have been anyone taking your van...

Last edited:
As per that recent pub thread about not owning anything anymore, I guess VW still own the rights to the software so probably wouldn't tell you, but in reality the dealer might not know.

More likely it was something they were supposed to have done at PDI and are covering their arses prior to a technical audit? :rolleyes:

I have had a letter letting me know my van is due a "vehicle enhancement", aka recall. Called the van centre and now booked in for; software update, fuel pipe and engine sensor. 1.5hrs work.
16 plate t-line 2.0tdi bluemotion (panel van originally) 8k miles

Finally got a reply from VW, the van should of had a battery performance test before it was delivered to me (VW recall based on my chassis number). Came back clear and nothing to worry about.

Back