Recall 23ER, improved fuel economy

Pedro20001

Auto assembly technician
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all, just read a thread over on another forum regarding rhe above recall dor ecu updated software. A few members were complaining about poor fuel economy before the update but after it has improved very noticeably. Anyone heard of this recall?

Could it be the 23r7 which was the 'dieselgate' recall? Some mentioned better fuel economy with that

I've been trying to chase this down also. I got this response from one guy:

Had a first oil change this afternoon, 10 months old T6.1 and was told that there would also be an update of the engine management. I don't know what exactly, but it is a recall (in Belgium anyway). This afternoon only drove home after the service & update and noticed nothing. According to the dealer I would not notice anything 1f937_200d_2642.png Everything looks and feels fine

Thats a Shame after how much the original post raved about, guess those magic beans aren't so magic :D

IMG_2785.jpeg
Hi all just to add to the post…
van engine light came on no loss of power in fact couldn’t feel any difference but called out roadside assistance anyway has had 300 plus miles to drive
They have told me that it’s the adblue sensor pump needs replacement
But the engineer also has added a campaign 23r note to be updated when it goes in (under warranty)
He said it’s to do with the fuel adblue mix ?
Will find out more once I get to the garage….
Waiting recovery….

My 72 plate went to the dealers for a couple of things that needed sorting. They added the 23ER recall to the job list but then said they couldn’t do it because they haven’t got the parts at the moment, no one in the service department was really able to say what the recall was, except it was to do with engine management.

My 72 plate went to the dealers for a couple of things that needed sorting. They added the 23ER recall to the job list but then said they couldn’t do it because they haven’t got the parts at the moment, no one in the service department was really able to say what the recall was, except it was to do with engine management.
The campaign has been removed by VW in the last two or so weeks, so that's probably what they were trying to tell you. There shouldn't be a need for any parts to carry out a 23ER.

View attachment 202142
Hi all just to add to the post…
van engine light came on no loss of power in fact couldn’t feel any difference but called out roadside assistance anyway has had 300 plus miles to drive
They have told me that it’s the adblue sensor pump needs replacement
But the engineer also has added a campaign 23r note to be updated when it goes in (under warranty)
He said it’s to do with the fuel adblue mix ?
Will find out more once I get to the garage….
Waiting recovery….
HI from Oz.....Had this Update done in November...don't think it has anything to do with Adblue because our T30's don't have it in Australia.
Also, I haven't noticed any different in economy or performance. Just hoping it might help save EGR for a bit longer than the first one. (luckily replaced by VW as goodwill.
Cheers.

My t6.1 150 dsg has just been in for 1st oil service and they carried out a reflash recall on ecu. I’ve found the van has a lot more get up and go about it after. Not sure on fuel economy yet as it was really good prior to this regularly achieving over 40mpg on a run.

Back