Rear wiper unit

HicksFamVan

Woke up this morning to find that someone had pulled the rear wiper off and the plastic cover. I can’t tell if the remaining bracket (shown in the picture) is damaged or not? If anyone could let me know if it needs replacing and a link to the correct part would be really appreciated!B1053FD6-F6F3-466E-870D-A1FBB102DB7B.jpeg

how annoying. Do not know much but I did order a plastic cap, see link, after mine went missing and despite it being for a T6.1 it did not fit so be aware there may be some difference - I have a Caravelle so perhaps different from a Transporter.

It looks broken to me. I would be tempted to do a wiper delete. Mine bugs me anyway.

Back to your original question, you need a complete arm, blade and cap. Just undo the 13mm(?) nut and it will pull off the spline. Don't be too rough with it as the copper water pipe to the squirter goes though the motor and the shaft. If that breaks and leaks, whilst you can buy a repair kit, more often than not it results in needing a new motor.

As somebody who has recently done a wiper delete... yes the remaining part is broken.
+1 for wiper deletes. Rear looks much nicer in my opinion without.

maybe you could do a deal with some looking to do a wiper delete....

As somebody who has recently done a wiper delete... yes the remaining part is broken.
+1 for wiper deletes. Rear looks much nicer in my opinion without.
This has got me thinking about doing it now. What bung did you use and what did you do with the washer pipe?

My lad de-wipered his Scirroco. I disabled rear wash/wipe with VCDS, the switch no longer did anything, but water dribbled out.

how annoying. Do not know much but I did order a plastic cap, see link, after mine went missing and despite it being for a T6.1 it did not fit so be aware there may be some difference - I have a Caravelle so perhaps different from a Transporter.

Wiper delete looks mint but this is on a caravelle so i do use the rear window. Looks like I’ll have to buy the bits to fix it. If anyone knows the part number for the unit that would be great.

This has got me thinking about doing it now. What bung did you use and what did you do with the washer pipe?

My lad de-wipered his Scirroco. I disabled rear wash/wipe with VCDS, the switch no longer did anything, but water dribbled out.
Hi Dubber,
I used one of these...
While it needed modification on the inner part to clear the tailgate, I think I prefer these to the bonded version.

Regarding the wash/wipe... I put an m5 stainless bolt in the end of the hose and snapped the clip shut.
Tried squirting before I put everything back together, and while the pump tried its best, everything remains dry.

Back