Fitting a rear wiper unit to the tailgate

Freakstur

Hi All,
I'm currently looking at a basic startline model van with a tailgate, however would want to convert this to having a rear window and also adding a rear window wiper (not currently on the van). Whilst id have no problem at putting the window in, can anyone please advise if fitting and wiring up a new window wiper is a difficult job?? Any advice and help would greatly be appreciated.

Its possible, you would need to run the wiring to the front of the van and connect it up to the BCM, you would also need to change the stalks for the correct set to control them
VCDS or similar would be required to code it in so the van knows its been fitted

Its possible, you would need to run the wiring to the front of the van and connect it up to the BCM, you would also need to change the stalks for the correct set to control them
VCDS or similar would be required to code it in so the van knows its been fitted
Thanks for that Pauly, not exactly easy then, especially for a newbie.:(

I wouldn't bother, rear wipers are a solution looking for a problem if you ask me. But I don't like a window, unglazed tailgate is the best look for a Transporter.

If I were installing a wiper system I think I’d put the nozzle at the top of the window.
The OEM system with the nozzle at the bottom is pretty poor, but IMO essential if you want rear view vision through the van.

I wouldn't bother, rear wipers are a solution looking for a problem if you ask me. But I don't like a window, unglazed tailgate is the best look for a Transporter.
True. I fitted a tailgate window which was fine, then a year later I can see eff all out of it due to my new Vanshades pod !

Yes, a bit. My blind had a habit of half closing by itself during a drive, tension issue. But overall, I loved them

Back