Rear Wheel removal nightmare

superflyguy

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Discovered a screw in my rear tyre yesterday, Just been to have it repaired but it took three blokes and a large rubber mallet 30 minutes to get the wheel off as it had stuck solid !!
Not good if your stuck on a dark road and need to change your wheel, I think im going to attempt to remove the rest myself and clean and copper grease. Maybe worth you all considering doing the same . :(

I had Listers do my 4 wheels mate.. same issue and think a few other have had it too.. I could of done it but was in for other work..

These vans definitely arnt geared up for roadside repairs, Headlight bulbs that a gynaecologist would struggle with, and a wheel you need a trio of weightlifters to remove !!

If you get a wheel stuck like this the quickest way to free it is to loosen the wheel nuts a little, drop the vehicle onto the ground and drive it a few yards.
Sure fire way to free them without damage.

Oh, and while you have them off apply a little aluminium grease to the mating surfaces.

If you get a wheel stuck like this the quickest way to free it is to loosen the wheel nuts a little, drop the vehicle onto the ground and drive it a few yards.
Sure fire way to free them without damage.

Oh, and while you have them off apply a little aluminium grease to the mating surfaces.
I'll remember that tip thanks

Back