Rear washer - is this normal looking?

stupot

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all would appreciate some help… rear washer not working… can hear pump but nothing coming out… does this look normal? I can’t see a jet?!!
IMG_3975.jpeg

Yeah that’s what they look like overall, it’s hard to see in the photo but there should be a small brass looking outlet in the middle of the pivot spindle that squirts upwards

I will pop out and take a photo of mine a bit later when I get a few minutes

Thanks Pauly. Are there any common faults that might prevent the fluid getting to the wiper arm? I’m guessing there’s a kinked or broken pipe somewhere, can’t imagine what else it could be if the pump works

Check that the fluid isn't leaking into the tailgate. If it's not coming out of the squirter, there could well be a split in the copper pipe.

We use an airline to clear them usually does the job

Check that the fluid isn't leaking into the tailgate. If it's not coming out of the squirter, there could well be a split in the copper pipe.
Ah ok I’ll take a look, I’m guessing this is all going on behind the panel on the tailgate and is fairly obvious

Actually looks like I’m missing the bit on the left of the red line in this pic, how strange IMG_3976.jpeg

So I’ve had the motor cover off and the good news is there’s a pipe attached. So I’m wondering if there are any obvious places the pipe can split or become disconnected from front to rear?

Mystery solved… fluid is actually coming through there’s just no nozzle so hopefully pop one in and jobs a good ‘un. Can only assume previous owner removed to clean and never replaced

Back