Rear view camera, stereo connections needed

Pauly

VCDS User
Admin
Im looking for any info about the rear connections on T6 head units.
I have seen a picture somewhere that showed all the connections/pinouts on the rear, i think it was @HHO that posted it somewhere but i cant find it on google.

I am in the process of retro fitting a factory reverse camera to a discover media unit but am missing the vital final connection info.

Unfortunately not, im still digging for it, i need to connect to the blue 12 pin plug that has the teeny tiny wires in it

IMG_2029.JPG

IMG_2029.JPG

That's a detailed one. Wished I'd have spotted that when I did mine. Good luck with finishing the job :thumbsup:

Im waiting the final part, supposed to be collecting today, if its right i intend to connect all the wires up to see if it works before fitting properly
Not looking forward to cutting a hole in the tailgate :(
Anyone know of a good product to protect the cut edges from corrosion

My factory reverse camera lense seems to have a rubber base. I'd coat the cut metal with a decent primer and potentially smear some silicone sealer on the final assembly to keep moisture out. Looks a pig of an angle to drill at :(

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thats nice i was just about to ask for a shot of a factory fit one
I have the camera support ready to go in and it does feel quite rubbery/soft on the back and around the edges and firmer rubber in the middle and around the front
I have a cordless fein saw with a variety of blades so shouldnt be to bad as it looks like a rectangular hole so at least its straight edges to cut

Back