Rear tailgate spoiler

Blindman

Blindman with a Van Vision
T6 Pro
IMG_4849.JPG IMG_4848.JPG Just had my van back from VW Coventry for missing trim parts (arm rests etc) while I was giving it a well earned wash, noticed the rear spoiler gaps on the tailgate? Surely this ain't right? Well pissed off with them at the minute. Back it goes. Anybody else had this?

I think they got the receptionist to fit it! Useless. Did think about doing it myself but thought why should I for the Dollar it cost.

Mmmmm there not doing very well at the Coventry branch by the looks of things, must have had the trainers kitting your van up mate. Back again! make sure they compensate your time !

Last edited:
Or maybe should have got the receptionist to fit it :rofl: Is it bonded on and come away ?

That's what I was thinking, is it fitted wrong or coming away ?

Not sure if it's been bonded but you can see the thread, looks like they haven't tightened it up enough! Can't see how they did it though? Looks ok on the underside.

You have to drill a hole in the top of the tailgate for a locating stud, then it is bonded on. I think a few of the guys on here have just bonded it on to save drilling the tailgate.

Its all warranty work as there it was fitted by vw dealership + there the same company. maybe best to contact cov first and give them some s%*t , tell the to book it to be done a droitwich as there fitters are crap for what they have done to yours.

I'd ask for pictures showing everything prepped up prior to refitting. As mentioned above, the top of the tailgate is drilled with a couple of biggish (10mm, i think) holes, and inserts put in. The holes should be treated with some stuff which is supplied in the kit to prevent rust spreading from the drilled holes.

How did they get that so wrong? Muppets. Hope you get it sorted ok.

I had a rear spoiler fitted by Listers in Worcester and all the paint flaked off the top after 6 months, you couldn't see it walking round the van but out the bedroom window it looked terrible!
Sadly just because stuff gets fitted at a VW dealer doesn't mean jack shit these days.

VW Listers Stratford upon Avon use Dick Dale bodyshop on Western Rd CV37. Great couple of guys own it - VW enthusiasts too. They painted mine. Only a small business but their work is first rate.

Back