Roof Spoiler starting to unbond

Yep you wouldn't believe the issues I've had with them and I know of others who feel the same. Seeing them soon to get it rectified I'm sure they must read the forums so I hope it's up to scratch this time.

Well let's hope that they do it properly this time and clean all the old sikaflex off first. It's all about the prep, got to get a totally clean surface.
Was yours installed by that company in Chippenham?

Well let's hope that they do it properly this time and clean all the old sikaflex off first. It's all about the prep, got to get a totally clean surface.
Was yours installed by that company in Chippenham?

T-cut area if needs be..

I'm not sure how they will go about removing the old sikaflex on the van but they seem confident about doing it , have told me to leave it as they will sort it.

If your not there probably a blunt chisel and hammer.

I was tempted to paint an fit myself, but in the end VW dealer did me a Genuine Sportline rear in Indium grey fitted for £300... If it comes off and hits something I've got the invoice and it comes off their insurance!

I've asked the custom company to send me the spoiler instead and I'll get someone to fit , waiting to hear back. VW wanted £600 to supply and fit.

@T6 Dave I don't suppose you have a pic of the T6 sportline spoiler. I'm a little lost as to what it looks like, I've seen a few versions of spoilers and being more and more confused by aftermarket PU such that I'm not sure what is OEM. I think I prefer the T5 sportline spoiler angles but hard to say. Any help welcome.

@T6 Dave I don't suppose you have a pic of the T6 sportline spoiler. I'm a little lost as to what it looks like, I've seen a few versions of spoilers and being more and more confused by aftermarket PU such that I'm not sure what is OEM. I think I prefer the T5 sportline spoiler angles but hard to say. Any help welcome.
Hi

Do VW only make 1 tailgate OEM spoiler? Do they make a different one for sportline?

Kind Regards

Nick

@Phantom that's a very good point too, I am a little lost on that as there would appear to be two types appearing on the market, one similar to the T5 model with the swept down sides and the other more like straight out ( which I'm not fond off) apparently the T5 spoilers wont fit the T6 tailgates but I have only been advised that so a little unsure.

Correct, T5 tailgate spoilers don't fit T6 tailgates, however, barn doors are the same, T5 fits T6. I have the tailgate version, preferred the T5 version but the new one is growing on me.

The T6 OEM tailgate one sticks straight out and does not have any returns down the side. From a side profile it appears to stick up in the appear a bit.

Swiss Vans have just started doing a plastic spoiler for the T6 tailgate that is identical to the T5 sportline one I.e indent around the high level brake light and returns down the sides, albeit the mounting surface matches the T6 rather than the T5. From a side profile it slopes downwards slightly from leading edge to trailing edge.

I believe this is similar to one that Leighton Vans do, however they'll not sell you on unless it is on a van that you buy from them.

However folk are correct the OEM T5 tailgate spoiler will not fit on the T6 tailgate.

If you want to see a Swiss Vans style one ask @andythom188 for a picture (this is the fibreglass version that Swiss are just replacing with their plastic version). There are lots of other people with the T6 OEM one.

Thank you Davey B, so I have .......... I think it's OEM! Not the best pic but it's sunny here which is nice!

IMG_20170519_1634475.jpg

Here's an OEM rear spoiler..

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Back