Rear spoiler T5 ish style.

Dieseldonkey

150 DSG Shuttle Conversion
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Been looking at these for a while but TVA have now dropped the price. Rear spoiler available in either GRP or ABS, primed or painted. They have a more defined side shape than the VW OEM. A friend of mine has the Transit version on his van and it seems ok. Ordered one today in ABS reflex silver. Will post a pic when it's on. Not sure how long they will stay at this price though.

Screenshot_20180105-190359.png

Yeah, I like it blending into the top of the tailgate and it has a nice structured, robust look to how it mounts with the sides supporting it in place. Yet aesthetically, its quite subtle. Just looked right to me. But its all down to folks personal preference.

According to the blurb it's non drill, supplied with adhesive. But the design allows you to have it drill mounted if you wish. Have to add, I've nothing to do with TVA and never used them up until today. I've been considering this supplier for sometime with the Swissvans model as my other option.

Screenshot_20180105-202014.png

According to the blurb it's non drill, supplied with adhesive. But the design allows you to have it drill mounted if you wish. Have to add, I've nothing to do with TVA and never used them up until today. I've been considering this supplier for sometime with the Swissvans model as my other option.

View attachment 16739
I considered this one also for my van ( tailgate) I preferred the T5 style spoiler to the T6 one for the same reasons as you , The one I went for in the end was a RDX spoiler which I thought the angles a the sides are most like the T5 ones it's also German made from PU plastic and fitting very nicely with the supplied PU Addesive.

Could anyone tell me if it's possible to tell if this picture is a T5 or a T6 tailgate. I thought the T5 has rounded edges and didn't have the vertical crease.

Screenshot_20180115-131701.png

I think the tail gates pictured here is of a t6 because you can just make out it has the squarer bottom corner on the glass, but I'm not with you about the vertical crease on this one Or do you mean the perhaps reflection on the top angle under the spoiler?

Thanks @Abbot. Having a wee issue with TVA just now. Wing they sent doesn't look anything like their photo. They've possibly sent the wrong one but if not your RDX recommendation is my next port of call. Any recommendation on a supplier for it?

Thanks @Abbot. Having a wee issue with TVA just now. Wing they sent doesn't look anything like their photo. They've possibly sent the wrong one but if not your RDX recommendation is my next port of call. Any recommendation on a supplier for it?
Yes it is always a concern when you order a spoiler is it going to look the same as their pictures, I bought mine from a company on eBay just over a year ago now , I've had a look & I think it's the only one currently on eBay that's English still sells them, Others on there from Germany. I liked it as I got mine painted locally & was able to stick it on myself as I considered it a good fit. If you would like some pictures of mine fitted on my van let me know , I'll see if I can work out how to put them on here. I know It's a Big decision of getting the right spoiler your happy with before fitting it to a van of 30k plus then regretting it! Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly, contrary to the picture further up the thread, the spoiler TVA sent out was nothing like the one they were advertising. Although they failed to agree with this, instead suggesting it was merely the fit I was dissatisfied with (See picture below). Needless to say, it went back in the box and was sent back. They agreed to reimburse just half my postage cost.

On the plus side, the RDX spoiler that @Abbot recommended is now at the body shop for painting.

20180125_000735.jpg

Last edited:
Sadly, contrary to the picture further up the thread, the spoiler TVA sent out was nothing like the one they were advertising. Although they failed to agree with this, instead suggesting it was merely the fit I was dissatisfied with (See picture below). Needless to say, it went back in the box and was sent back. They agreed to reimburse just half my postage cost.

On the plus side, the RDX spoiler that @Abbot recommended is now at the body shop for painting.

View attachment 17370

That’s a pretty poor show, especially with the P&P costs. You should leave a review on their site to save some other poor sod finding out the hard way!

Is your new spoiler painted yet?

That’s a pretty poor show, especially with the P&P costs. You should leave a review on their site to save some other poor sod finding out the hard way!

Is your new spoiler painted yet?

Yes @Ads_Essex. Valentines day present to my chariot of choice. Pampered it with a spoiler. Can't beat a bit van/man love.

'Roses are red, violets are blue.
Here's your RDX, stuck on with glue'.

Quite pleased with it. Don't think it's too offensive.

20180215_100500.jpg

20180215_100017.jpg

Where did your mudflaps come from, want a set for mine but not the OEM ones that fix halfway along the bumper!

Universal mud flaps @WheelieBealie. I just stuck 65mm vw roundals on them. Haven't got round to fitting the fronts yet. They'll need some modification because of how the door seal works at the wheel arch. Current fronts are too short to be effective. Like you, I didn't like position of the OEM flaps. The link below is where I got these from. I located the rears a bit lower using some 90 degree brackets to help increase the drop.

4 X Universal Front & Rear Quality Black WIDE Mudflaps & Screws https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LB9THZW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_DzzHAbHDTPX2S

Last edited:
Back