Rear Slam Vents..

TEESIXY

T6 Guru
I have a panel van, and had it ply lined almost from new. They covered up the slam vents- which i think are behind the rear wheel arches, and as a result the rear doors only close nicely if another is open, which allows the air to escape!
Its quite a bad job to remove the ply panel in that area, as i have other stuff attached through it. So, any suggestions? I though about drilling some holes through the ply, but what size ? a load of 8mm, or a few 25mm?. Any ideas would be appreciated. Ta

A very nice over latching kit from the shop, works a treat, nice to close it just pulls it in that last 10mm. Slightly more expensive than drilling holes though!

Agreed, a mate has it on his Kombi, its a great option. Trouble is i have twin sliders and would want to do all three doors- and i still need to remove the ply for the wiring.

Agreed, a mate has it on his Kombi, its a great option. Trouble is i have twin sliders and would want to do all three doors- and i still need to remove the ply for the wiring.
Then it becomes quite expensive!

Same issue I have, twin sliders and tailgate. Will be a grand to do all three. Just ain't got that sort of dosh at the mo.
Could always buy the loom, and a single lock/control module at a time, I am sure the fine fellow that is Pauly would do something like that.

It is a bit ridiculous how much the parts cost when you consider the cost of the original option especially when you look at something like the rear LEDs that are cheaper to buy afterwards than factory spec but power latching is four time the price the opposite way, cant figure it out
As Alan said i am happy to supply looms and build up over time if it helps you out

Back