Rear Seat Lifting Catch Jammed

oceanromeo

The lifting catch on my vans’ single rear seat has become jammed, thus preventing me from being able to lift it forward to gain access to the rear load area without dropping the backrest and climbing over. This happened all of a sudden yesterday with no previous symptoms to indicate that there was something amiss.

I can see an unsheathed cable protruding from the near side hinge area running from the backrest, disappearing underneath the seat base. This doesn’t feel loose or snapped.

Has anybody else experienced this malfunction? Is anyone able to offer any useful information towards an easy fix that may negate me having to book my vehicle in at the dealers?

Thanks in advance.

The lifting catch on my vans’ single rear seat has become jammed, thus preventing me from being able to lift it forward to gain access to the rear load area without dropping the backrest and climbing over. This happened all of a sudden yesterday with no previous symptoms to indicate that there was something amiss.

I can see an unsheathed cable protruding from the near side hinge area running from the backrest, disappearing underneath the seat base. This doesn’t feel loose or snapped.

Has anybody else experienced this malfunction? Is anyone able to offer any useful information towards an easy fix that may negate me having to book my vehicle in at the dealers?

Thanks in advance.
Are you able to post up some pictures? Is it a triple or 2+1 configuration? If it is 2+1 is it the single or double seat?
That may assist in getting people to compare yours to theirs to see if there is something obvious a miss.

@oceanromeo ......sounds like yours is the same configuration as mine......I take it yours is 2+1, right? I'll have a look at mine tomorrow and post some pics if it'll help?:thumbsup:

Thank you for the replies @DaveyB and @mopardave Yes I have 2+1 configuration with 1 on nearside. There’s not really a lot to see by taking a photo I’m afraid. You can almost make out what appears to be plastic covered cable/s running from offside of backrest near the hinge where it connects to the seat base that then disappear beneath. I’ve already described the other cable I can just see on the near side. Any further input welcome.

right @oceanromeo .....probably a silly question......have you removed the single seat recently? I'm only asking because you might not have relocated it properly back into the floor mounts???? Anyhow, I'm bored of decorating so I'm off out to look at mine now.....see if I can come up with any useful suggestions.:thumbsup:

Hi I’ve got the same problem side lever won’t release and allow 3rd seat to tilt forward to be removed have been fiddling about for roughly 4hrs and suddenly it’s working prodding about with a screw driver on left side and it released and has worked repeatedly.it’s a miracle or something now got to reassemble seat base it still works

For the record seat is back in position and still working although at times a little difficult to operate but wi5h a positive push on the lever the seat tips forward and can removed as normal. I’ve got know idea what went wrong
IMG_1377.jpeg
This a picture of left side hinge(third seat) and it looks ok to unleash anyone knows different?
I had a problem opening the right side door though the winter was took I needed a door actuator but I figured out a routine of using the inside handle to open this door now the dry warm weather has arrived this door opens normally now?? Another miracle!!!

right @oceanromeo .....probably a silly question......have you removed the single seat recently? I'm only asking because you might not have relocated it properly back into the floor mounts???? Anyhow, I'm bored of decorating so I'm off out to look at mine now.....see if I can come up with any useful suggestions.:thumbsup:
Apologies for ‘slightly’ delayed response No, I’ve never removed the single rear seat nor the double for that matter. I got it sorted in the end. Think it was when the van was in for a service

This afternoon felt like something ‘snapped’ or came loose when I lifted the seat lever in order to lift the seat to gain access to the rear of my van. Now the lever won’t budge and the seat won’t lift. I can still drop the seat back by pulling the tab but can’t get the seat base to lift/tilt. I suspect that there’s a wire connected to the lever running down to a catch/hook that holds the seat base down? Further investigation required when I have a bit more time. In the meantime has anyone else here had this happen to them and can offer any words of advise that may help me to rectify?

Since last June I’ve removed or tilted the single seat a few times. I’ve found by giving it a sharp push it works ,so fat so good

Since last June I’ve removed or tilted the single seat a few times. I’ve found by giving it a sharp push it works ,so fat so good
Thanks. I think something’s snapped. At least it felt like that when it went yesterday. I’m wondering if there’s a cable mechanism behind the backrest? Not had chance to investigate further as yet.

I folded my rear single seat yesterday had to give the leaver a sharp knock it worked then it was fine

There lie’s the issue. I’d given my seat lever a sharp knock and the resultant was something giving/snapping. I’ve yet to investigate further but expect that will entail removing the seat’s backrest cover. Will report back in due course.

Back