Rear Right Barn Door Latch & How To Fix Hooks, Mounts Etc

Vince

Hi all,

I'm a new member and my T6 kombi door latch broke in the wind.. the small latch midway up door that holds it 90 degrees in place.. anyone know where I can buy one? I don't think I'm searching right on ebay as can't find one.

Also are there any general tips for fixing hooks and mounts to your van. I want try and keep it tidy in the back bungeying a few chalk boards our the way. Some surf poles etc. How do you fix stuff to the roof and sides. There's loads of rivet holes spare and larger rectangular exposed metal van parts.. is it simply DIY store and drill in to your van for stuff like that?

Thanks loads,

Oh and randomly, is it normal - when I slow down and take a corner when arriving home it's like the fog light lights up to show me the curb.. that normal?

Cheers,

Vince.

Oh and randomly, is it normal - when I slow down and take a corner when arriving home it's like the fog light lights up to show me the curb.. that normal?

Perfectly normal. A great feature imho.

I'm a new member and my T6 kombi door latch broke in the wind.. the small latch midway up door that holds it 90 degrees in place.. anyone know where I can buy one? I don't think I'm searching right on ebay as can't find one.

I think you might find it hard finding one or a set of those on eBay. Maybe extend your search to include the T5.

Ie

"vw barn door hinge"

Failing that you have your trusty local dealer.

Vince - If the map is right, you're in Selsey. I'm just outside Chichester and have a couple of latches spare having converted to a tailgate.

Send me a message if you want one.

Ooh bl00dy brilliant.. yes please LI. (and yep am in Selsey).

Be good to chat tailgates too.. My previous '05 candy white was a tailgate.. (pic attached)

Thanks (and thanks forum.. very effective)

IMG_0732.jpg

Back