Rear Pads, Uneven Wear!

Nickmac

Hi all, I have a T28 LWB on a '66 plate. Last MOT warned of uneven pad wear and worn discs on the rear, so I bought the cheapest brake wind back tool on Amazon some new Discs and Pads from GSF and dived on in. Everything changed ok, no problem there. The inner pads that came off were very worn on the inside though, outer pads were pretty good. I expected the caliper sliders to be seized and have to be freed up or replaced, but this wasn't the case. I found no evidence for the issue at hand (plus there was no dragging of the wheel in motion). Has anyone else seen this, could it have been down to previous owner/user driving with the handbrake left half on? Struggling to see how it could have happened and don't want it to happen again.

Caused by the self-adjusters on the inside pads. Mi=ne were the same. As I have a DSG I just try not to use the handbrake unless on a hill now.
I have also tried to get into the habit of letting the handbrake off then pressing the pedal so as not to encourage the self-adjuster to click on like if you hold the pedal down and then let the handbrake off if you follow?

https://www.t6forum.com/threads/how-to-changing-rear-disks-rotors-and-pads.12710/

Back