Rear Adjuster Delete - STX Coilovers

t6blo

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Anyone deleted their rear adjuster for an extra 20mm-ish rear drop?

THQ appear to sell these but no idea which one (if any) would work with the STX coilover kit on my T30 Kombi?

Thanks in advance

I've been looking at these as well for my VMaxx Coils. I would be the multi fit. I'm tempted to pair these with the machined top mount

Anyone deleted their rear adjuster for an extra 20mm-ish rear drop?

THQ appear to sell these but no idea which one (if any) would work with the STX coilover kit on my T30 Kombi?

Thanks in advance

I've got the B14 and Solow ones in stock here and I've just offered them up to an ST-X rear spring. The Solow is too big in diameter so no good, the B14 one is slightly smaller than ideal, so I expect it would be multi fit, but worth checking with the guys at THQ who will no doubt tell you 100%. The B14 one could work, but it's not a snug fit as I would like it to be.

I've been looking at these as well for my VMaxx Coils. I would be the multi fit. I'm tempted to pair these with the machined top mount
Prepare yourself for this too. Modded top plates we removed from a van a few months ago. Not the brightest mode we have seen. We have only ever seen such a failure of the top mounting when coupled to the top plate mod. Not recommended at all

68980C30-7FE9-4DE7-9BAB-57DC2BE0B4C4.jpeg

56A2A597-3A2D-440A-A6E5-270DAEA96FF2.jpeg

Prepare yourself for this too. Modded top plates we removed from a van a few months ago. Not the brightest mode we have seen. We have only ever seen such a failure of the top mounting when coupled to the top plate mod. Not recommended at all

View attachment 191741

View attachment 191742
Was thinking of doing the THQ top mount mod, are you saying that it’s a bad idea?

We fit approx 40 to 50 sets of front top mounts every month and the picture attached had the modded top mounts , we have never seen damage like that on any of the vans we repair . the issue is that on full steering lock the strut moves at acute angles to allow for the camber and caster it seems that with the top mount modded the forces are all put into the wrong place , I wouldn't do it in my van and definitely not in a clients van .

CRS

We fit approx 40 to 50 sets of front top mounts every month and the picture attached had the modded top mounts , we have never seen damage like that on any of the vans we repair . the issue is that on full steering lock the strut moves at acute angles to allow for the camber and caster it seems that with the top mount modded the forces are all put into the wrong place , I wouldn't do it in my van and definitely not in a clients van .

CRS
Don’t need that sort of problem mate, I’ll just hold off for new coilovers, or air if I can justify it. Thanks for the reply.

Was thinking of doing the THQ top mount mod, are you saying that it’s a bad idea?
If you need some feedback ... I run them on b14 for 18+ months before I sold my last van ,zero problems ....
Had them on the b/e van zero problems be it not for long before air ... However I have swapped to the meyle top mount for air ,as they supposed to last longer than Oe .... .. hope that helps .

Can I ask @harveyj09 what it was you was trying to mate?

Lower on the coilovers than designed to do?

Cheers
I’d just like my van lower, my last Transporter had the Bilsteins fully down with 19’s and I was happy with the stance and ride. Had a Vito before the BE on bilsteins and 19’s again was happy with that. The eibachs fully down and 20’s isn’t doing it for me, would just like it another 20mm or so lower.

Back