Real Wood Worktops

solid oak will crack and or warp in that thickness ,for the amount you need I wouldn't worry about how heavy it is .22 mm oak would be ok ish its not something you want in hot van to be honest

Where did u get your lovely kitchen from

I am looking to get ours from them. Had a right job getting samples everything is out of stock. I hadnt thought about mixing 2 colours looks really good. Think I might copy you as was looking at grey but breaking it up with white looks good. Is it the gloss white you have and if so is the grey gloss as well and what is the name of the grey. Thanks

I am looking to get ours from them. Had a right job getting samples everything is out of stock. I hadnt thought about mixing 2 colours looks really good. Think I might copy you as was looking at grey but breaking it up with white looks good. Is it the gloss white you have and if so is the grey gloss as well and what is the name of the grey. Thanks

The colour combination is stone grey and satin cream. The cream edging was sourced from here...

Probably about time I updated this thread...

So after much searching prior to conversion.. I went with a 22mm A grade solid oak staved worktop, pencil edged, Danish oiled finish. The upstand is 18mm solid oak oiled to match... I've done a few trips with it now and all good, no problems seen during outside temperatures of 36'C and baking hot inside the van during the day.

20200830_163033.jpg20200830_162858.jpg20200830_162807.jpg

Last edited:
Jason - That looks very nice indeed - where did you get it from in the end (worktop and upstand)?

That looks great. I like that. But is it not oak block board, as opposed to one piece of solid oak.

Useful links to.

Yes, it's a solid oak staved worktop .... You'll do well to get a one piece oak panel worktop...

Yes, it's a solid oak staved worktop .... You'll do well to get a one piece oak panel worktop...
In the time that my vans been finished, one of the younger members of the family has since gone into partnership at a sawmill. By far, most of the wood they process, is oak. So I could probably source solid oak big enough. Guessing it would need kiln dried though to reduce the prospects of a solid piece from warping. I like how your worktop looks though. Very nice :thumbsup:

I think you can get full stave oak, nearest to a one piece oak panel kitchen worktop... usually a minimum of 38mm thickness.. any thinner and yes I think more prone to warping... the 22mm thick 40mm staved as above is more stable in hot, humid environments... :thumbsup:

Back