RCD330 battery drain

andrew_t5.1

Hello,

I have a 2012 T5.1, had a it for a couple of months now.

The battery has drained a couple of times now, initially i thought it was the hard wired light the previous owner installed which stayed on every time the doors opened.
I disconnected it and thought that was the issue fixed.

Fitted an RCD330 plus to the van that i purchased from Ali Express and the battery has drained again. Thinking this might be the culprit, has anyone had issues with this before?

Thanks
Andrew

Hello,

I have a 2012 T5.1, had a it for a couple of months now.

The battery has drained a couple of times now, initially i thought it was the hard wired light the previous owner installed which stayed on every time the doors opened.
I disconnected it and thought that was the issue fixed.

Fitted an RCD330 plus to the van that i purchased from Ali Express and the battery has drained again. Thinking this might be the culprit, has anyone had issues with this before?

Thanks
Andrew
Battery drain with the RCD330 in older vehicles has been a thing. Wouldn’t have expected it in 2012. Has to do with canbus version.

There are some ways to resolve this. Might have to search beyond Transporter forums. I know the same issue affects Golfs.

I fitted an RCD330 in my mk5 golf a couple years ago. I was fortunate that the previous owner already updated the canbus.

There are solutions. Probably not too hard.

Back