Rat in me kitchen

David Owen

T6 Pro
Parked my 5 week old T6 up at my daughters for 5 days over Christmas.
Jumped in the van to head home and the dash lit up like the proverbial Christmas tree! warning me that engine oil and add blue were low. I checked the levels and all seemed fine so put it down to an electrical fault.
I dropped the van off to VW in a bit of a strop as this will be its 4 visit in as many weeks. An hour later a video appeared via text... Rodents had obviously decided to have the Christmas dinner under my van, substituting pigs in blankets for cables!
Just over £800 worth of damage. I know this is just bad luck but I was stunned how exposed the sensor cables are, and sadly there's nothing you can do about it.... I would say it's an expensive lesson but I'm not sure I've learnt anything???

Last edited by a moderator:
He lives in central london and keeps his vehicle in a gated compound so no real way to keep the rodents out.
He has had 3 Hyundai Santa Fe’s and they have all had their looms chewed through. His Auto Electrician came up with some thoery about the oil used in the manufacturing of the insulation being vegetable based..???

Mate of mine parked his combine up last Octobrer.....just had a £34,000 bill....mice ate the wiring loom. He got in, turned the key, engine started, then wouldnt turn off, side shute moved around and hit the tractor parked alongside, in a panic jumped out and broke his ankle.
I suggested a sonic rodent thingy....he tried that but it drove the dog and cattle mad. Shouldnt laugh!

He lives in central london and keeps his vehicle in a gated compound so no real way to keep the rodents out.
He has had 3 Hyundai Santa Fe’s and they have all had their looms chewed through. His Auto Electrician came up with some thoery about the oil used in the manufacturing of the insulation being vegetable based..???
That's exactly what the auto electrician said! bloody vegetarians!!

Mate of mine parked his combine up last Octobrer.....just had a £34,000 bill....mice ate the wiring loom. He got in, turned the key, engine started, then wouldnt turn off, side shute moved around and hit the tractor parked alongside, in a panic jumped out and broke his ankle.
I suggested a sonic rodent thingy....he tried that but it drove the dog and cattle mad. Shouldnt laugh!

Sounds like a comedy sketch!! Wouldn't fancy jumping out of a combine, lucky to get away with a broken ankle..

Not all rats are bad :whistle:

:thumbsup:
They were probably delinquent rats and not worldly wise distinguished ones?? Better?

Back