2015 Transporter DPS & Cat wiring eaten by FOX!

Ralpher

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all, my friend's 2015 T5 4wd 1.9 Transporter, which started showing warning lights on the dash - engine management light flashing, DPF sooting up and Cat I believe. He took it in to a dealer who said the cables had been chewed (by the foxes he foolishly feeds every night!). The damaged cables were situated on the driver's side around the rear edge of the driver's door, under the vehicle.

Does anyone know if these can be repaired or if a loom section can be purchased or have any other ideas? The van is booked into a main dealer for service next week but I have a feeling they will rob him!

Bob's Van.JPG

If that was mine then I’d pull back the harness sheathing to expose the extent of the damage. Hopefully the wires can reconnected by piecing out individually, soldered and shrink wrapped.

Hi Wills, thanks for your reply. I think I will take a look for my buddy as he's an even older codger than me! Apparently, he was told that a main dealer would want to replace all the parts with a cost of 2k...

Ha ha ha….. 2K plus VAT probably… It’s just a case of unraveling the mess and piecing out methodically. It’s not good to have too much wiring exposed to the elements. Worth shielding?

I had the same. Nox sensor cable and oil temp sensor cable. Both on different occasions. Both of them repaired. VW wanted 1k to replace Nox cable and said it couldn't be repaired.
Cables are now covered in wire wool and chilli powder wrapped in aluminium tape.

Back