Rain sensor

Ivan Roulston

Hiya all, I ended up on this forum as I was looking for answers as to why the rain sensor has stopped working in in my 07 T5. It was factory fitted and after sitting up for a few years was put back on the road, only find that auto wipers not working, but that intermittent and all other functions are working. When scrolling though the central control module in OBD11 to find that rain sensor ' not installed'. All fuses seem OK. Any ideas, thanks.

You don’t get auto wipers and intermittent, it’s either one or the other. Do you have a sensor on the windscreen just below the rear view mirror?

Hiya Deaky, maybe I wasn't making myself clear in the post.... The van came with factory fitted auto wipers and was working prior to parking up for 2 yrs, when recently put back on the road auto wipe has stopped and the wipes just work as normal... Intermittent with 4 speeds and low and high constant....

This recently happened on my 2005 Audi A4. After a long period with no battery on, the auto wipers and lights had deactivated in the ECU.
I had to connect VCDS and re activate the auto wipers and lights.
Might be worth connecting it up and seeing if it needs reactivating.

Last edited:
This recently happened on my 2005 Audi A4. After a long period with no battery on, the auto wipers and lights had deactivated in the ECU.
I had to connect VCDS and re activate the auto wipers and lights.
Might be worth connecting it up and seeing if it needs reactivating.
Yes, it seems to have deactivated, I'm using OBD11 to read all, it says when going through the channels on the CCM that it's not connected. When I try to get into the coding section, it won't let me code, if you or anyone out there knows how to open coding in OBD11 for a T5 2007....thanks.

Yes, it seems to have deactivated, I'm using OBD11 to read all, it says when going through the channels on the CCM that it's not connected. When I try to get into the coding section, it won't let me code, if you or anyone out there knows how to open coding in OBD11 for a T5 2007....thanks.
I will post screen shots when I get back to vehicle and connect.

Reactions: JOG
Back