Radiator fan 'ON'

I hope this isn't a too silly question but I have noticed 90% of the time I get out of the wagon the radiator fan is whizzing away, is this normal?

The temp needle sits bang on 90 and never moves, I haven't 'gunned' the wagon to make it hot and require cooling.

I just didn't know if this is what new engines do as they are producing a lot from such a small block or if I have a problem, everything else feels fine.

I have a T30 150bhp Kombi with 1500 miles on the clock.

Cheers

Seems quite common especially when new
Mine used to do it a lot but seems to have settled down a bit now (15k)

Mine does it some times when i get to work (20 mins journey) the fan stays on, i though it was after that regen thing, you can smell the burning heat, so i presumed the fan stays on to cool it down to a safe temp. ?

@Pauly thank you, it doesn't help it sounds like a jet taking off. I'm stood next to my van telling people how amazing it is and they can't hear me for it spinning away :rofl:

@StudleyGlass thats what mine is like but previous cars they haven't got to running temp in 20 minutes that's why I was suprised it got there so quick.

@RattyMcClelland mine only did it on my Impreza but there was a reason for that :whistle: do you have a heavy right foot sir?

Seems quite common especially when new
Mine used to do it a lot but seems to have settled down a bit now (15k)
I've just had my first oil service (16k) which was a bit sooner than I expected. Are you close to doing your first oil change yet?

It's just done a DPF regeneration, and the fan is maxed up to blow cold air over it when you stop to make sure it doesn't overheat and melt anything.

Back