Q about comfort dash, plugs and power

benp1

T6 Guru
I've got a T6 Kombi with a comfort dash. I think I have an accessory plug in the cup holder and a USB in the upper glove box (that’s what I’ve found so far)

I'm going to plug in a trickle charger while it’s off the road and am thinking about plugging in an electric cool box for trips when I do eventually get out. In the case of the former I want it powered with the ignition off (so I can charge the battery), and in the case of the latter, want it powered off with ignition off

So my question is, is the accessory point/cigarette lighter always on? Makes it easier to charge the battery but might flatten it if I leave the fridge plugged in. Wondering if comfort dash set up is different, and if I’ve missed a plug anywhere. Didn’t see one in the top compartment
Is it the same with the USB point? Less use with it being 5v I suppose

Personally, I would find a new seperate supply with an isolation 'switch' to manually cut power when not required.
The cup holder USB is constant on mine but I am unsure if that that is OEM or how I have mod'ed it. @Deaky

Its deffo always on in my caravelle and i've not modded it in anyway. Same with the C & D pillar 12v sockets. Not sure about the USB slots but I'll check next time I'm in it. Theres a USB slot on the right hand side of the passenger side glovebox in mine too.

Sorry for the slow reply. The correct plug for my Optimate arrived earlier so I'm trickle charging the battery as we speak. It is indeed always on

Wouldn't mind an ignition switched one so I could leave the the coolbox plugged in without killing the battery but I guess that's one for another day

Back