Reverse camera interference with bluetooth

Noontang

I`ve got a 2019 T6 with standard 3 button head unit (not carplay compatible).
I’ve installed an AUTO-VOX W7PRO Digital Wireless Reversing Camera which is linked to a small screen on my dash. With the screen powered up it interferes with the bluetooth signal to the radio - the sound stops/drops out every now and again. I previously had it plugged in via the cigarette lighter plug and know that if not powered on it doesn`t happen. I have recently hard wired into a switched live on the fusebox so its not on when the ignition is off rather than having to unplug every time I stop but want to get rid of the interference issue. I`ve eliminated other devices from causing the interference.

Is there a resistor? or something else I can wire into the screen to stop the interference rather than needing an on off switch as I`m likely to forget and leave it switched on.

You say the camera is wireless, it’ll be the wireless protocol used by the camera to connect to the screen that is causing issue. A quick look at the product website and neither the product information nor the manual detail the wireless protocol, the frequency or the channel used. Was any of this information provided with the product.

If switching the camera and screen off, stops the interference, there is your only solution.

A lot of these Chinese wireless products use frequencies and channels that aren’t licensed for use, and conflict with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi or DECT. The law is an arse, as it’s not illegal to sell them in the UK, but it is illegal to use them.

Back