Puddle indoors!

kneecap

New to the forum and like loads started sound deadening and insulating the van. Full panel van atm. Just about to insulate the rear ns quarter and seen a few drips on outer skin (arrow) got a light out and seen a little puddle between rear arch and light cluster. Bit concerned as no idea how water would get in, or out. Any ideas appreciated . Cheers1000021807.jpg

Last edited:
New to the forum and like loads started sound deadening and insulating the van. Full panel van atm. Just about to insulate the rear ns quarter and seen a few drips on outer skin (arrow) got a light out and seen a little puddle between rear arch and light cluster. Bit concerned as no idea how water would get in, or out. Any ideas appreciated . Cheers
Hello and welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you have a photo somewhere, but it’s not uploaded here.

The leak could be from some roof bars, the third brake light, the slam-vents, door seals, or old holes in the floor (presuming a ply floor was once screwed down through it).

Upload a snap and we’ll do our best to help!

Ads

Hello and welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you have a photo somewhere, but it’s not uploaded here.

The leak could be from some roof bars, the third brake light, the slam-vents, door seals, or old holes in the floor (presuming a ply floor was once screwed down through it).

Upload a snap and we’ll do our best to help!

Ads
Cheers Ads uploaded properly now! No roof bars. The slam vent is down that side isn't it?

No roof bars. The slam vent is down that side isn't it?
Yes, the slam vents are on both sides, are low down and almost at the rear quarter. It’s been known for them to break and allow water in, but the two recommendations above are certainly worth investigating too

Cheers guys. Tbh the sliding door cover sounds like the plastic fittings have broken. I've bought replacements but not taken it off yet. I'll try that.

Yes, the slam vents are on both sides, are low down and almost at the rear quarter. It’s been known for them to break and allow water in, but the two recommendations above are certainly worth investigating too
Didn't realise they were both sides. I've seen plastic covers to use when carpeting over. Don't see these much on the conversions I've seen though. What's the common solution when carpeting?

I've seen plastic covers to use when carpeting over. Don't see these much on the conversions I've seen though. What's the common solution when carpeting?
There’s these types of vents -
There are these vents on eBay..

Otherwise search Slam Vents and you’ll see other ideas.

I used a circular vent, just a push fit into a hole in the panel. It is removable so I can access a fusebox behind it that supplies the rear lights and accessories.

Just behind the wheelarch:

Back