Propex heater - reset but still not resolved

mamajules

Hello all, I have a Propex Heater (think its post 2018 version as no dials) and its got a red flashing light (one flash - on/off each time each time), I checked the manual and a few videos and have reset with a pin etc but still the red light doesnt clear and although I can hear the heater powering up as I reset nothing happens after. I'm a newbie and would appreciate any support. Its probably me doing something silly, I have checked the gas is open and on, have switched it all off and on again but still not resolved. Appreciate any ideas. Huge thanks Jules

This is the manual for ours - HS2000 model. Is yours the same ?
This suggests no gas getting through - do you have other appliances you can check to confirm there is gas ?

Pete

2EDB22C2-BBA3-4150-908F-F4E5E53FF50D.png

Hi Pete, thanks for the reply and this info - same as mine - yes I popped on the gas hob just to double check I had gas/flames and that all works fine. I do have a little metal lever by the blue gas unit which I have lifted up and then back down and tried resetting on each occasion....just in case I had a closed pipe. Bit of a mystery....and its a little chilly up here in the Moorlands tonight!

Worth checking if there is another gas isolation valve nearer the gas canister.

What exactly happens when you start the heater up - can you hear the igniter clicking ?

Pete

mmm no can't here the igniter clicking at all.... was thinking it was something like that...Im not sure where else to look tbh - there is a gas isolation valve near the canister but obvs that working as got gas through to the hob...I guess I will have to leave for tonight now as dark but maybe will take some images and post on here tomorrow just in case there is a button somewhere I have missed. Thanks so much for trying to help me - really appreciate that xx

Worth checking if there is another gas isolation valve nearer the gas canister.

What exactly happens when you start the heater up - can you hear the igniter clicking ?

Pete
Hey Pete, just to update re our gas heater. Turns out you need to use a paper clip to reset - not a needle head like I was using as not the same diameter (I didnt have a paper clip with me in the van at the time on the moors!) Thanks SO much for trying to help me though - at least I know to keep a supply in from now on! Jules x

Back