Professional Retrofits

Hi, sorry..bit of a week.Arrived at 7.00 a.m. and they got straight on it, very clean work, protective covers on everything . Took around three hours total. Unfortunately the switch for the door pad got wrongly returned with the last customer's old mirrors, but Paul popped it in the post first class recorded. Had an issue with the thing going onto limp mode when I got back. Rang them up and asked if it could possibly be anything they had done, not suggesting it was (As a builder, it is amazing how often things were alright before we showed up..fit a kitchen and the loft light stops working) Anyway they talked me through checking the connections and all fine, so as suspected totally unrelated. Mirrors are great, very pleased, nice guys, clean work,TV/coffee and VW mags to keep you entertained and only half an hour from Transporter HQ, so rude not to grab a grill whilst in the area.

Hi, sorry..bit of a week.Arrived at 7.00 a.m. and they got straight on it, very clean work, protective covers on everything . Took around three hours total. Unfortunately the switch for the door pad got wrongly returned with the last customer's old mirrors, but Paul popped it in the post first class recorded. Had an issue with the thing going onto limp mode when I got back. Rang them up and asked if it could possibly be anything they had done, not suggesting it was (As a builder, it is amazing how often things were alright before we showed up..fit a kitchen and the loft light stops working) Anyway they talked me through checking the connections and all fine, so as suspected totally unrelated. Mirrors are great, very pleased, nice guys, clean work,TV/coffee and VW mags to keep you entertained and only half an hour from Transporter HQ, so rude not to grab a grill whilst in the area.
Did find out why it went into limp mode?

No clue, glow plug symbol and stop start fault showing.Limped it the 1/4 mile home. Started it again, all clear? Will run it to my mate's garage to plug up and check for fault codes before taking to VW. It is well within warranty, but I am underwhelmed with VW and would rather know what it is before they let a *tech* loose on it.

Reactions: Eli
Hmmm, that must be a coding thing. Factory ones fold with a long press on the remote lock button and unfold with the ignition.

I had genuine VW reversing camera and front fogs fitted to my Startline T6.1 in December last year, great workmanship and service by Paul.

John.

8FB8EB51-6001-49DB-BFDF-46E67B5F2DE8.jpeg

Back