Product Enhancement...

Zappa

Hello all,

Just home from work to find a letter from the dealer that sold me my T6 work van 4 months ago, (startline 150, 2k on the clock when I got it, 6k now).
Letter says 'Urgent' in red, followed by 'our records show that your vehicle has a product enhancement/s that we require to be carried out, free of charge'
Now having read some dismal reviews of most of the VW van service centres near me, 50 mile radius of sunny Croydon, I'm reluctant to have myself 'enhanced'.
This coupled with having spent the last 25 years fixing my own vans, (not a mechanic for a living, just had no choice), and having a distrust of too much electronics to complicate my vehicles (ironic considering I'm an electrician to pay my mortgage).
I wondered if any of you could recommend a VW van centre which won't bodge it, leave me without a van for an age, or take the p***.
Am I asking too much?:D
Also is it me, or is the clutch on these things snatchy? Gearbox occasionally temperamental, Road noise from the front terrible, even after fitting additional factory door rubbers?
Having now dragged myself into the new world of dual clutches, gearstick attached to the dashboard, and unbelievable speed, I'm not used to the new noises, or lack of, that my new van produces.
Any advice on the above will be greatly appreciated, but go easy on me, I'm old but new here.

Cheers!

It’s probably just the “software enhancement” to fix the over sensitive engine management warning light coming on - I had mine done last week and, having clocked up about 600 miles since, I haven’t seen any issues (before or after the fix)

Thanks Davenjo, hopefully that's all it turns out to be, was it a quick job or did you have to leave it with them for the day?

I had the S-quality upgrade and it took less than an hour while I waited.

Thanks Davenjo, hopefully that's all it turns out to be, was it a quick job or did you have to leave it with them for the day?
They did it whilst I waited - took 3 hours including topping up my adblue (purpose of visit in the first place), health check video of underside of van and a clean. They initially advised it could be anything from 30 mins to 3 hours.

Thanks for your replies much appreciated. I booked it in for next Thursday at the dealers that sold it to me, was told the work will take an hour while I wait.
But I did manage to find out why it's been recalled...'a seal on the oil return/feed pipe'
So I hope it stays sealed until the replacements sorted!
Anyone had this done?

Thanks for your replies much appreciated. I booked it in for next Thursday at the dealers that sold it to me, was told the work will take an hour while I wait.
But I did manage to find out why it's been recalled...'a seal on the oil return/feed pipe'
So I hope it stays sealed until the replacements sorted!
Anyone had this done?
I think so. In July. Got impression the seal is nothing urgent but just a thing to do when van is at regular service next time. I was at the dealer for other reasons so this came up when checking factory notes trying to sort the other issues.

It is just a metallic seal ring (see pic, consisting of two seals, one next to the oil plug and the other still at the head of plug). Actually the changed part is a complex of oil plug and seals (as in the pic) - oil return/feed pipe to turbo. Engine 150ps, build date Nov-2015.

2017-07-10_dichtring-.jpg

Thanks for that mmi, much appreciated.
I do wonder why they sent me an urgent letter instead of waiting for the 20k service...though I'm not going to lose sleep over it, they could've done the work back in July when I bought it, but I suppose it was conveniently forgotten due to the salesman ordering it with the wrong back doors for the original owner, before he kicked it back to them wanting the tailgate version he asked for...so I got lucky.

Back