Power management system help.

mr.leigh

Hi, apologies if this is in the wrong section.
Newbie after some advice please, and this maybe a daft question.
When I'm hooked up and the PMS is on the light on the button is on to show it is working. If I'm not hooked up then the light isn't on. Will this drain my main battery if left switched on like this, or is there no power being used by it?
Van has been parked up for 2 weeks and battery has completely died, trying to rule out what it could be?

Thanks

Gosh we are having a run on charging issues recently and as said on other threads we really need some pics of what you have as there are so many variations/manufacturers that it’s difficult to offer advice when we don’t know what you have.

Reactions: CAB
Hi, apologies if this is in the wrong section.
Newbie after some advice please, and this maybe a daft question.
When I'm hooked up and the PMS is on the light on the button is on to show it is working. If I'm not hooked up then the light isn't on. Will this drain my main battery if left switched on like this, or is there no power being used by it?
Van has been parked up for 2 weeks and battery has completely died, trying to rule out what it could be?

Thanks
If you know who converted the van you are best to ask them first as there are so many variations.

Gosh we are having a run on charging issues recently and as said on other threads we really need some pics of what you have as there are so many variations/manufacturers that it’s difficult to offer advice when we don’t know what you have.
Hi Nigel, thanks for the reply. It's a Sargent EC155PSU.

The red light on the top right of the EC155 will only light up when connected to EHU. This indicates the PSU is connected and charging the leisure battery. When disconnected from EHU the light will not show. It can be left on or off, it doesn’t matter (I leave mine switched to the on position even though the instructions state it should be turned off when connecting to the EHU and breaker tested before switching on).

In the on position, it will not be draining the battery.

(Thanks to the knowledgable people on here who helped me with a similar PSU related question)

The red light on the top right of the EC155 will only light up when connected to EHU. This indicates the PSU is connected and charging the leisure battery. When disconnected from EHU the light will not show. It can be left on or off, it doesn’t matter (I leave mine switched to the on position even though the instructions state it should be turned off when connecting to the EHU and breaker tested before switching on).

In the on position, it will not be draining the battery.

(Thanks to the knowledgable people on here who helped me with a similar PSU related question)
Just a brief line to advise that you actually turn the red light switch off before connecting to the mains. It has been reported that plugging in with it turned on sometimes causes a fuse to blow with the sudden surge. It’s a rare event but a real pain when/if it happens.

Back