12 V battery charge very low. The infotainment system will be switched off

Similar problem with Low Warning.. new battery, new alternator. Had it on EHU for 3 days. Battery reads 12.7, yet it still reads Low Battery on head unit... Doesn't make sense, unless that is stored in the stereo some how? Cleared faults with Carista, no low warning on that.... Someone save me or shoot me....

Similar problem with Low Warning.. new battery, new alternator. Had it on EHU for 3 days. Battery reads 12.7, yet it still reads Low Battery on head unit... Doesn't make sense, unless that is stored in the stereo some how? Cleared faults with Carista, no low warning on that.... Someone save me or shoot me....
When you say "reads low battery on head unit" does it show the actual voltage or is it just a generic message?

1st time in ages I’ve got the “low battery méssage on the head unit” with the ignition off. The main battery was a tad low so connected a smart charger to the battery direct last week. It now reads a decent 13.72V but the charger is still showing “charging instead of charged. BM looks good too but the head still displays low battery.
The original MOLL battery was replaced mid 2021 by VW .
Any ideas?

IMG_8445.png

Morning!
Thank you for accepting my request!
We had this (only ever happened when camping) and may have worked out the problem...
We detached the car/van battery and switched on the leisure battery... The front two cigarette lighters stopped work. This means our front two points that we use to recharge most things are running off the car/van battery. We have started using the retro-fitted sockets in the rear.
Please feel free to correct me, but do be kind...I work in a hospital, not a garage ;-)
V

Back