Possible to fit an armrest?

tram

Engineer
T6 Pro
I got a single passenger seat with all the movements, but it wasn't an option for it to have armrests, which the driver's seat has. So I was thinking if it might be possible to do a bit of surgery on the passenger seat and sort something out.

I am thinking that the seat maybe has the fixing for an armrest, but it is simply not being used. I'd have to cut the seat to get to it if it has, which is no problem for me if it needs be. It doesn't have to be perfect. It just needs to fold up and down.

Has anyone ever taken an armrest off and put it back on? How does it fix on?

I know this is a long shot, but if anyone has any other idea, low tech or anything, which would do the job of summat to rest an arm on, please make the suggestion.

A few people have taken delivery of vans lately with the drivers seat missing the arm rest and are booked in to have them fitted under warranty so would think more info on this will be along soon

Yes, looks a bit too complicated to strip the seat down. I thought that would be the case. I will have a study of the job and devise something simple. The seat has plenty of metal around its base, so i will make a basic bracket and bolt it to this, then make a rest of sorts to slot onto it, i think. I think wheelchairs do something like that. I will have a look around. Cheers. Great for us this internet knowledge pooling.

Back