Pop Top Bed - Better Mattress or Topper?

Can anyone advise of useful mattress within the pop up roof without needing to take it out.
Any recommendations

Vango California if you can find one

They are on eBay for £75 just looked as they went unavailable last year so I just grabbed another one

I think it depends on the roof type. I have a Reimo and there isn’t much space at all for a mattress, the one I leave up there isn’t much more than 30mm thick.

I bought xsmall double 50mm from eBay .... memory foam ... and simply cut it down to suit pop top roof bed width... 42in I think .. it came with fitted cover which is a bit big now cut down but does the job .. it lives up there normally but we drag it down for the seat bed if needed.. cost about £50 delivered .. comfy enough

ro is standard pop top .. not the narrowest looking of roofs but perhaps some advantages 50mm just fits

I had been trying to get one of the vango California mats for a while but have been out of stock. Just managed to get one on go outdoors for £50 and then they had another 10% sale code. I think I got the last one on stock but worth keeping an eye if they get them back in as seems a really good deal

Depends on your pop top height I reckon. My Skyline roof came with a 30mm matress but I reckon there is nearly 70mm of space up there. Sky said they would only supply their 30mm and wouldn't recommend anything else but then also said if it fits then crack on. Their only concern is the matress impacting the closing of the roof.

In terms of what actual matress to get? Like any matress, its going to come down to personal choice on what you find comfortable.

I'm currently looking at Duvalay or thinking of trying to fit a Froli spring system and use the existing matress on top but the latter would be pretty close to filling that whole space.

Looking for a bit of advice, we received our camper last week and today the mattress cover arrived by courier which I've fitted but it's rather large and wondered if it's possible to store it in the pop top roof when it's closed?

Thank you (Campervan Newbie)

Back